Author Topic: Spinning beach ball during ingest  (Read 2409 times)

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
Spinning beach ball during ingest
« on: October 29, 2020, 03:07:03 AM »
Hi

I'm still using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0 (build 19749 (20d085a) as I prefer the interface and the nifty upload icon at the top of the screen.

I've started having an ingest issue where I've started getting the spinning beach ball. I'm using a Nikon D5 and D4s in .JPG with USB 3.0 Sony card reader which normally ingests images really quickly.

After a footy match, I clear all images from my 2015 MBP (16GB Ram) running Mojave 10.14.6 (18G6032).

Have you any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Spinning beach ball during ingest
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 07:58:21 AM »
Jon,

I'm still using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0 (build 19749 (20d085a) as I prefer the interface and the nifty upload icon at the top of the screen.

I've started having an ingest issue where I've started getting the spinning beach ball. I'm using a Nikon D5 and D4s in .JPG with USB 3.0 Sony card reader which normally ingests images really quickly.

After a footy match, I clear all images from my 2015 MBP (16GB Ram) running Mojave 10.14.6 (18G6032).

Have you any ideas what might be causing this?

At what point to you get the spinning beach ball?  Before you start the Ingest, shortly after starting the Ingest, or while the Ingest is ongoing?  For how long do you see the spinning beach ball?

-Kirk

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 11:53:33 AM »
Hi Kirk

Thanks for your reply.

It seems to be towards the latter part of ingest. The ball starts spinning just before the yellow progress bar goes green.

I hope this helps?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 12:08:37 PM »
Jon,

Thanks for your reply.

It seems to be towards the latter part of ingest. The ball starts spinning just before the yellow progress bar goes green.

Please post a screenshot of your Ingest settings.  I expect that the problem happens because of unmounting the card taking more than a few seconds.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk