Author Topic: Updating catalog working on both Win and Mac via shared folders  (Read 1196 times)

Offline sebastianbremen

• Newcomer
  • Let's be nice to nature!
    • View Profile
    • Sebastian Burger Photography and Projects
Updating catalog working on both Win and Mac via shared folders
« on: January 12, 2021, 04:23:58 AM »
Hi there!
In your article about "Manage shared folders" it sounds as if I could work as a single user Monday to Friday on my windows computer and Saturday to Sunday on my private Mac – within the same catalog?! If so, I need a little help, because:

My Windows 10 builds 6,2 gb data for cataloging one and the same nested group of folders (25.000 jpgs) – whereas my mac just 1,3 gb. With my Mac I can't open the Win catalog and vice versa.

For the case this kind of "internal co-working" isn't possible – my workaround would be: Letting each computer built its own catalog and before starting on the other computer "full" "sync", correct?

I use Nextcloud to sync date - be it above mentioned photos or the catalog data.

Thanks for your input,
Sebastian
Working since 2012 on https://www.mut-tour.de: As Initiator and "art director" I deal a lot with my and other photographers images and am happy to leave fuggin' Adobe's subscription trap. Hoping camera bits guys keep on programming.