Author Topic: SOLO MODE for navigator - reveal only the folder that is being browsed  (Read 1725 times)

Offline andyalyboi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hello , and thank You for PhotoMechanic :)

I got really important question, i checked everything online with no answers:

Is there a way to reveal in navigator only the folder we work on, and fold the previous folders?
When I open photo mechanic it keeps all previous folders browsed revealed in navigator, and I want only the one i work on revealed. I view it as solo mode for navigator, keep only one folder revealed. I know i can do it manually, but I want it automatic every time.
I attach screenshot with description.

I would strongly appreciate help with this.

Thank You for the program and the forum.
All the best,
Andy :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: SOLO MODE for navigator - reveal only the folder that is being browsed
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 08:04:36 AM »
Andy,

Is there a way to reveal in navigator only the folder we work on, and fold the previous folders?

No, there is no setting that will do what you're asking.  Please see this post to create a feature request: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=12803.0

-Kirk

Offline andyalyboi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 01:05:53 PM »
Hello,

Thank You for response and showing the way things are about navigator. I will submit feature request for that on a platform from the link. Thank You for link.

Regards,
Andy

Offline Graham1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 07:10:51 AM »
When I open photo mechanic it keeps all previous folders browsed revealed in navigator, and I want only the one i work on revealed. I view it as solo mode for navigator, keep only one folder revealed. I know i can do it manually, but I want it automatic every time.

If you often use the same folders (or want to work on just one), you can save them to the Favorites tab, if your issue is having to select a folder from a long tree. And if you do not need to keep a link to this folder, just right click and remove from Favorites when you have done with it. 

Whether or not you do this, when you have finished working just go back to the Navigator and collapse to the top level Desktop.  This then removes any record of the folders you have been working on (except in Favorites, where you can right click and remove very easily): if you then click once to expand the folder tree, you will see that the folder tree expands to only the first level, not showing the sub-folders on which you were working previously.  This should solve your issue if it is one of privacy. 

Graham

Offline andyalyboi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 06:18:39 PM »
Hello Graham and thank You for Your in depth response

I have checked the way how folder trees behave when collapsed to the top level. Indeed all subfolders collapse this way.
Thank You for a good tip  :)

I get You way about using Favorites, but I don't work on the samy folder every time.

Thanks,
Regards,
Andy :)