Author Topic: Shuts down when closing contact sheet tabs or deleting a folder  (Read 1297 times)

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
Shuts down when closing contact sheet tabs or deleting a folder
« on: November 23, 2020, 06:49:01 AM »
I'm running the 30 day trial of PM+ and the program shuts down when I delete a folder and also if I close a contact sheet tab of filter tab. I can get it to happened repeatedly, If I have multiple tabs open it happens when only one tab is left open, for example if I have 5 tabs open I can close 4 of them, but when I close the last one the program shuts down.  Also twice when I've deleted a folder it does the same thing and shuts down. The funny thing is if I look at the PM+ icon in the dock, it has the dot under it like its still running but the program is not showing up on my monitor, if I click the dock icon nothing happens, I have to right click on the icon and quit and then if I click the icon after quitting the program opens and runs fine, unless I delete all the tabs or delete a folder. I just tried deleting a folder in my copy of regular PM6 and it's shutting down too, I don't remember it doing that before.   I recently updated my iMac to Big Sur not sure if that's causing the problem.  Other than these issues, I really love PM+ and will probably upgrade.

Running iMac Late 2015
32gb on Big Sur
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:16:33 AM by RonD200 »
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Shuts down when closing contact sheet tabs or deleting a folder
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 08:33:32 AM »
Ron,

I'm running the 30 day trial of PM+ and the program shuts down when I delete a folder and also if I close a contact sheet tab of filter tab. I can get it to happened repeatedly, If I have multiple tabs open it happens when only one tab is left open, for example if I have 5 tabs open I can close 4 of them, but when I close the last one the program shuts down.  Also twice when I've deleted a folder it does the same thing and shuts down. The funny thing is if I look at the PM+ icon in the dock, it has the dot under it like its still running but the program is not showing up on my monitor, if I click the dock icon nothing happens, I have to right click on the icon and quit and then if I click the icon after quitting the program opens and runs fine, unless I delete all the tabs or delete a folder. I just tried deleting a folder in my copy of regular PM6 and it's shutting down too, I don't remember it doing that before.   I recently updated my iMac to Big Sur not sure if that's causing the problem.  Other than these issues, I really love PM+ and will probably upgrade.

The apps aren't shutting down.  You just have the preferences set to close the window when the last tab is closed.  Look at the menubar when you close the last tab.  Does the application menu still say Photo Mechanic or Photo Mechanic Plus?  If so, then the app is still running, it just doesn't have a main window anymore.  You can change this behavior by unchecking the "Close contact sheet window when the last tab is closed" checkbox.  Then what will happen is a new Untitled tab will appear when you close the last tab instead of closing the entire window.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
Re: Shuts down when closing contact sheet tabs or deleting a folder
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 10:18:29 AM »
Thanks Kirk changing the preference fixed the window closing issue. it also fixed the problem I was having with the window closing when I deleted a folder from my drive.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 12:16:36 PM by RonD200 »
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog