Photo Mechanic > Support

cannot move crop since last update

(1/3) > >>

eva:
I am running Photo Mechanic version 6, build 5378 on macOS Catalina MacBook Pro (Mid 2015).
Since I did the update to build 5378 I am having troubles with moving the crop. Moving the crop with the space key is only possible if I choose a fix format e.g. 2-3 or 1-1 crop. If I use the normal crop, moving the crop while holding the space key is not possible.
Thanks, Eva

Kirk Baker:
Eva,

--- Quote from: eva on November 24, 2020, 11:48:35 AM ---I am running Photo Mechanic version 6, build 5378 on macOS Catalina MacBook Pro (Mid 2015).
Since I did the update to build 5378 I am having troubles with moving the crop. Moving the crop with the space key is only possible if I choose a fix format e.g. 2-3 or 1-1 crop. If I use the normal crop, moving the crop while holding the space key is not possible.
--- End quote ---

Are you cropping while zoomed in?  Pressing the space bar while using the Crop tool and then dragging with the mouse moves the image, not the crop.  I'm able to move the crop around while zoomed in with both a constrained or an unconstrained crop works for me when I don't have the space bar down.

If after reading this you still have trouble, please provide more detail so that I can reproduce the problem locally.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Colin_Hackley:
Same issue here not being able to move the crop box around on build 5378 running on Mac OS 10.14.6 on 2018 MBP.

I am not cropping while zoomed in.

If the crop is constrained I can move the crop box. If crop is unconstrained and I try to move the box it changes the crop (trims crop in or pulls looser) in whichever direction I push or pull. Holding space bar down does not change behavior.

Thank you for looking into this Kirk.

Colin

Kirk Baker:
Colin,

--- Quote from: Colin_Hackley on November 24, 2020, 02:14:22 PM ---Same issue here not being able to move the crop box around on build 5378 running on Mac OS 10.14.6 on 2018 MBP.

I am not cropping while zoomed in.

If the crop is constrained I can move the crop box. If crop is unconstrained and I try to move the box it changes the crop (trims crop in or pulls looser) in whichever direction I push or pull. Holding space bar down does not change behavior.

--- End quote ---

I take it that there is no position that you can put the mouse cursor such that it turns into a box with a "grabbing hand" in it?

-Kirk

jkm:
I have this bug too. Very problematic. It makes cropping four times harder, and makes it much harder to get the crop artistically best when I cannot move it.

I can only adjust the sides of the crop since the last update.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version