Author Topic: Preview freezes main viewer window  (Read 3421 times)

Offline Evan Parker

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Preview freezes main viewer window
« on: April 20, 2007, 03:47:53 PM »
When I tag, or just preview select images (using command + R key) the preview screen works just fine, but most of the time when I close the preview window, the main viewer window becomes unresponsive, just giving me an alert sound (as in, you're not allowed to do that) when I try to tag, rotate, or preview the thumbnails.  I am also unable to close the main viewer window.  The only solution to this is to quit PM and reopen it.  The program seems to think the preview window is still open, even though it has been closed.  PM v4.5, OS X 10.4.9, dual monitors (could this be the problem?) PPC G5.

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Preview freezes main viewer window
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 04:02:25 PM »
Evan,

When I tag, or just preview select images (using command + R key) the preview screen works just fine, but most of the time when I close the preview window, the main viewer window becomes unresponsive, just giving me an alert sound (as in, you're not allowed to do that) when I try to tag, rotate, or preview the thumbnails.  I am also unable to close the main viewer window.  The only solution to this is to quit PM and reopen it.  The program seems to think the preview window is still open, even though it has been closed.  PM v4.5, OS X 10.4.9, dual monitors (could this be the problem?) PPC G5.

What kind of images are you viewing?

-Kirk

Offline Evan Parker

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 04:04:58 PM »
Canon RAW files from original 1D (.tif)  Viewer is set to render RAW using Mac OS

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 04:37:12 PM »
Evan,

Canon RAW files from original 1D (.tif)  Viewer is set to render RAW using Mac OS

What happens if you set it to not render RAW?  (Besides it getting low-res looking?)

-Kirk