Author Topic: Placement of Edited Photo  (Read 2356 times)

Offline Langsey

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Placement of Edited Photo
« on: March 25, 2021, 03:38:00 PM »
After editing a photo in Photoshop, the edited photo goes to end to end of the file. I want the edited photo to be next to the original after editing. How do I do tell the program to do that? Thanks in advance.
John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Placement of Edited Photo
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 03:44:12 PM »
John,

After editing a photo in Photoshop, the edited photo goes to end to end of the file. I want the edited photo to be next to the original after editing. How do I do tell the program to do that? Thanks in advance.

What sort method are you using in Photo Mechanic?  How are you naming your derivative photo?

-Kirk

Offline Langsey

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 05:55:57 AM »
When I edited a photo I send it to either lightroom or photoshop via edit in. When finished editing, the photo is sent sent back to PM Plus. It places the photo at the end of the file of unedited photos. It is placed next to original as I want. The file name is the same as the original except with the extension of .tiff. That ' the only difference in the filename.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 07:45:54 AM »
When I edited a photo I send it to either lightroom or photoshop via edit in. When finished editing, the photo is sent sent back to PM Plus. It places the photo at the end of the file of unedited photos. It is placed next to original as I want. The file name is the same as the original except with the extension of .tiff. That ' the only difference in the filename.

OK, and what sort type are you using for your contact sheet?  It's the popup menu in the toolbar to the left of the checkbox labeled "Reverse".  What does the popup menu say?

-Kirk

Offline Langsey

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 10:32:48 AM »
Arrangement. I opened up the popup menu and then clicked filename and that solved the problem. That was the last place I looked. Thanks.
John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 11:01:11 AM »
John,

Arrangement. I opened up the popup menu and then clicked filename and that solved the problem. That was the last place I looked. Thanks.

When in Arrangement sort mode, new files are always added at the end.  Photo Mechanic doesn't know where you would want them in your arrangement.

-Kirk