Author Topic: Moving from Lightroom (6 or Classic) to Photo Mechanic Plus  (Read 1195 times)

Offline mikemyers

• Have Camera, Will Travel
    • View Profile
    • Smugmug Gallery
Moving from Lightroom (6 or Classic) to Photo Mechanic Plus
« on: November 27, 2020, 09:39:43 PM »
I have a Lightroom structure on my iMac that started out as Lightroom 6, and a month or two ago I made a backup copy, then upgraded to Lightroom Classic.

I'm considering using PhotoMechanicPlus to create a new Catalog, possibly named Lightroom-Photos, and leave it running until all the new catalog is created.

How would I go about doing this most efficiently?

I have read in the past that I can tell the Lightroom Catalog to move/copy all its information into files that go next to the original image files.  Is this something I should do?

Lightroom has its own organization to use keywords - will, or can those be copied into my new organization with PhotoMechanic?

The intent would be to do further editing on those images using PhotoLab 4, and eventually remove Lightroom from the computer.

Has anyone else already done this?  Did it work?  Any advice?

I still own my copy of Lightroom 6, which worked fine before I got involved in the subscription plan.  I am starting to like the idea of PhotoMechanic Plus, along with PhotoLab 4.
Mike Myers
m.smugmug.com