Author Topic: SimpleViewer Pro upgrade  (Read 5255 times)

Offline Andre Ringuette

• Newcomer
  • NHL Photographer
    • View Profile
    • FREESTYLE PHOTOGRAPHY
SimpleViewer Pro upgrade
« on: April 20, 2007, 04:46:30 PM »
Hello,
Just upgraded PM4.5 (awesome!)

Bought the SimpleViewer Pro upgrade. But can't seem to install it into PM.
I see the Simpleviewer .swf files, but seems like PM uses or "sees" the .yml files.

I apologize if I've failed to see the obvious answer... just excited/in a rush to complete a current project.

Thanks for any help.
Andre
Official Photographer of the Ottawa Senators.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: SimpleViewer Pro upgrade
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 05:16:56 PM »
Andre,

Just upgraded PM4.5 (awesome!)

Bought the SimpleViewer Pro upgrade. But can't seem to install it into PM.
I see the Simpleviewer .swf files, but seems like PM uses or "sees" the .yml files.

I apologize if I've failed to see the obvious answer... just excited/in a rush to complete a current project.

I don't have the SimpleViewer Pro upgrade.  How are the files different?  Are you sure you meant '.yml' files instead of '.xml' files?

I would think that all it would take is to replace the .swf files before uploading.  If you want you could duplicate the SimpleViewer template and put the Pro version of the support files into it and then rename the template SimpleViewerPro instead...

-Kirk

Offline Andre Ringuette

• Newcomer
  • NHL Photographer
    • View Profile
    • FREESTYLE PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 07:31:48 PM »
I don't have the SimpleViewer Pro upgrade.  How are the files different?  Are you sure you meant '.yml' files instead of '.xml' files?
Yes; The only files I can find in PM Mechachic Prefs that pertain to simpleviewer (com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic > htmlexport > templates > builtin) are .yml files

I would think that all it would take is to replace the .swf files before uploading.  If you want you could duplicate the SimpleViewer template and put the Pro version of the support files into it and then rename the template SimpleViewerPro instead...

That's all I thought I would have to do. But I can't find any simpleviewer.swf files anywhere. Where should I look?
Thanks,
Andre

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »
Yes; The only files I can find in PM Mechachic Prefs that pertain to simpleviewer (com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic > htmlexport > templates > builtin) are .yml files

Those are the preferences files for the templates.  Not the templates themselves.  The templates are built into the application itself.

Quote from: Ringer

That's all I thought I would have to do. But I can't find any simpleviewer.swf files anywhere. Where should I look?

Control-click on the Photo Mechanic application in the Finder.  Choose "Show Package Contents" from the contextual menu.  A Finder window will appear.  Open the Contents folder.  Then open the "builtin_html_templates" folder.  Inside will be all of the template folders.  You'll now see the "simpleviewer" folder inside.

Next I recommend that you make a folder in your Home folder titled "Custom PM Exporters" and then copy the "simpleviewer" folder inside your Custom PM Exporters folder.  Open the copied simpleviewer folder.  You should see the viewer.swf file.  I think that is all that needs to be replaced.  Now if you want to rename your simpleviewer template, you can do this by opening up the "template-main.rb" file with a text editor.  Search for "SimpleViewer" and change each occurrence to "SimpleViewerPro" and then save the file.

Lastly you need to tell PM where your custom HTML templates are located.  Open the Files tab of the Preferences dialog.  Near the bottom is a place for you to choose your user HTML Exporter templates.  Pick your "Custom PM Exporters" folder.

Now when you open up the Exporter dialog you will have a SimpleViewerPro template.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Andre Ringuette

• Newcomer
  • NHL Photographer
    • View Profile
    • FREESTYLE PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 08:56:32 PM »
Thanks Kirk,
Very helpful again. The "Open Contents" thing was key. I got the Pro "viewer.swf" to work. No luck yet with other templates in the "HTML Exporter templates" folder, but I think this is now on the Flash template application side. Will now work on that.

I get every pro and strudent photographer I meet to by your product because it's solid. But the support is always a bonus that's easily forgotten until you need it.

Keep up the good work.
Andre

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 06:18:47 PM »
I managed to make the SimpleViewer Pro version work by simply replacing the viewer.swf file within the PhotoMechanic package itself.  Obviously if you upgrade PM it will be overwritten, so if you've customized the viewer file make sure you back it up elsewhere.  This avoids having two SimpleViewer entries in the list of templates in the exporter.  Obviously if you have several different versions of the viewer.swf you'll have to do as Kirk suggests and put them in the proper folder for custom templates, but as I haven't customized mine at all (I just wanted to get rid of the download link on my galleries) this works for me.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 07:56:49 PM by Kirk Baker »