Author Topic: Error message  (Read 1965 times)

Offline msturk

• View Profile
Error message
« on: November 29, 2020, 01:43:24 PM »
I kept receiving error messages as I tried to ingest a card. Thinking it might have been a cable/card reader issue I pulled everything apart and started over again. Same result. Then I thought perhaps the external hard drive cable was at fault so tried another and on it went. The problem which happened a long time ago but sadly I'd forgotten is that one of the two externals used on ingest didn't have enough space remaining. Did I miss this in the error message? I don't think so and my friend, who's far better technically than I, had the same issue.  So just a small suggestion to a wonderful program: can PM have the error message indicate that the hard drive is full? Apologies if this has been raised before.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Error message
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 01:47:29 PM »
Mike,

I kept receiving error messages as I tried to ingest a card. Thinking it might have been a cable/card reader issue I pulled everything apart and started over again. Same result. Then I thought perhaps the external hard drive cable was at fault so tried another and on it went. The problem which happened a long time ago but sadly I'd forgotten is that one of the two externals used on ingest didn't have enough space remaining. Did I miss this in the error message? I don't think so and my friend, who's far better technically than I, had the same issue.  So just a small suggestion to a wonderful program: can PM have the error message indicate that the hard drive is full? Apologies if this has been raised before.

Please see: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=12803.0

-Kirk