Author Topic: Ingest incredibly slow on Photo Mechanic 5 on MacOS 10.12  (Read 1773 times)

Offline popejonash

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest incredibly slow on Photo Mechanic 5 on MacOS 10.12
« on: November 30, 2020, 06:26:03 PM »
I am running Version 5.0, build 16438 (e61be25) on MacOS Sierra version 10.12.6.

I am aware that it is neither the latest version of PM nor the latest MacOS.

I am trying to ingest images from a 32GB SanDisk Extreme Pro card (160 mb/s) with a SanDisk card reader.

I am ingesting into an existing folder, renaming the file on ingest using variables to add the date of capture and a sequential file number.

It will ingest 12-14 images in a couple seconds then there will be a long wait, anywhere from 4-10 minutes.

I have never had this problem before, even with running a slightly out of date application.

Any ideas, Kirk?

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest incredibly slow on Photo Mechanic 5 on MacOS 10.12
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 06:53:43 PM »
I am running Version 5.0, build 16438 (e61be25) on MacOS Sierra version 10.12.6.

I am aware that it is neither the latest version of PM nor the latest MacOS.

I am trying to ingest images from a 32GB SanDisk Extreme Pro card (160 mb/s) with a SanDisk card reader.

I am ingesting into an existing folder, renaming the file on ingest using variables to add the date of capture and a sequential file number.

It will ingest 12-14 images in a couple seconds then there will be a long wait, anywhere from 4-10 minutes.

I have never had this problem before, even with running a slightly out of date application.

Any ideas, Kirk?

Wow, that's a long delay.  Are you viewing the destination of the Ingest while the ingest is going?  Does PM show the spinning beach ball during this time?  Has anything changed recently on your system?

Your build is out of date, you can get the latest one here: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=11881.0

-Kirk

Offline popejonash

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 06:05:10 PM »
Hi Kirk, I was viewing the destination of the ingest. Normally I like to tag selects in near real time as they populate. It was not possible to do this during this ingest. The spinning beach ball was almost constantly spinning and other than the very top grey bar, I was unable to click anywhere in the application. Nothing else has recently changed in the system.

I will also update to the latest build, although I was under the impression that I would have to pay for a new license if I upgraded the build or if I updated my MacOS and had to run a new version of PM?

Thanks, Kirk.

Ash

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 06:42:12 PM »
Ash,

Hi Kirk, I was viewing the destination of the ingest. Normally I like to tag selects in near real time as they populate. It was not possible to do this during this ingest. The spinning beach ball was almost constantly spinning and other than the very top grey bar, I was unable to click anywhere in the application. Nothing else has recently changed in the system.

I will also update to the latest build, although I was under the impression that I would have to pay for a new license if I upgraded the build or if I updated my MacOS and had to run a new version of PM?

Minor updates are free for as long as we're making them.  It's only when you upgrade to a major version does it cost anything.

-Kirk