Author Topic: Move images into folder based on browse folder structure  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Mac123

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Move images into folder based on browse folder structure
« on: December 01, 2020, 08:27:15 AM »
I'm using PM+ for some weeks now and enjoying it. I like very much the efficient and direct management of photos and their information.

One way I've used PM+ is to crawl through a variety of disks which I've used to store photos in a rather haphazard way over the past 15y or so. The pay-off has been quick as I've discovered long lost photos on the one or other medium. I can organise these in catalogues etc... The next step is a little more difficult as I would like to use PM+ to better organise the storage and delete duplicates. One approach I've tried is to isolate the photos to be transferred from one disk to the other with the help of PM+.  That works. However, I cannot for instance drag photos to different directories in the folder path along the lines illustrated below.

I'm wondering if there is a good approach recommended by PM+ community ?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Move images into folder based on browse folder structure
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 09:31:20 AM »
One way I've used PM+ is to crawl through a variety of disks which I've used to store photos in a rather haphazard way over the past 15y or so. The pay-off has been quick as I've discovered long lost photos on the one or other medium. I can organise these in catalogues etc... The next step is a little more difficult as I would like to use PM+ to better organise the storage and delete duplicates. One approach I've tried is to isolate the photos to be transferred from one disk to the other with the help of PM+.  That works. However, I cannot for instance drag photos to different directories in the folder path along the lines illustrated below.

Those folder paths are not able to accept files dropped on them, it's a long story, but the short of it is that we can't support drag and drop anywhere in the Organizer.  You should be able to do the equivalent with the Navigator though you'd have to drill down manually in the Navigator before you could do the drag and drop.  If you're going to do this frequently, it would get tedious.

Feel free to make a feature request to add a menu item in the Folder Paths that will reveal that path in the Navigator.  That alone would save a lot of time and effort.  See this post: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=13555.0

-Kirk