Author Topic: Ingest and folder access (BigSur)  (Read 1286 times)

Offline iau

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest and folder access (BigSur)
« on: December 03, 2020, 11:01:35 PM »
Hi,

I have used the ingest function on my MacBook Air running BigSur a few days ago without problems. Photo Mechanic Plus has full disk access. However, when I try to ingest images now it prompts me about disk access and says it only has read access. Under System Preferences it says Full Disk Access so I don't understand this.

I tried to manually create the folders in Finder and was prompted with my admin password so this may be a MacOS related question, but it still won't import the files as it cannot write them to the folder.

Any suggestions where to check? I understand that PM use the "staff" users permissions when installed from package but this has not been an issue before.

-inge

Edit: Changing permissions didn't help but I created a new year-folder within Pictures and this granted the necessary access. Must have been something within the system as the permissions look similar but are working ;-)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 11:25:33 PM by iau »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest and folder access (BigSur)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 11:05:08 PM »
Inge,

I have used the ingest function on my MacBook Air running BigSur a few days ago without problems. Photo Mechanic Plus has full disk access. However, when I try to ingest images now it prompts me about disk access and says it only has read access. Under System Preferences it says Full Disk Access so I don't understand this.

I tried to manually create the folders in Finder and was prompted with my admin password so this may be a MacOS related question, but it still won't import the files as it cannot write them to the folder.

Any suggestions where to check? I understand that PM use the "staff" users permissions when installed from package but this has not been an issue before.

For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline iau

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Ingest and folder access (BigSur)
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 11:27:03 PM »
Thanks, but I just found a work around. Something had happened to the root folder for 2020 within my Pictures folder. This folder (2020, not Pictures) required a admin password to do changes despite me the admin user having both read and write permissions.

- iau