Author Topic: Copying to the original folder  (Read 5817 times)

Offline marta

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Copying to the original folder
« on: March 29, 2007, 08:22:46 AM »
Would be nice to have an option (maybe a checkbox selection) indicating that the copied file should be placed into the original folder.

Thanks,
Marta

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Copying to the original folder
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 08:37:54 AM »
Marta,

Would be nice to have an option (maybe a checkbox selection) indicating that the copied file should be placed into the original folder.

Is this in the Copy dialog?  Or some other dialog?

-Kirk

Offline marta

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 04:59:16 PM »
In the Copy dialog.

It's a little annoying to localize the destination folder using the folder's tree when the destination is just the same as the original folder.

Tks,
Marta

Marta,

Is this in the Copy dialog?  Or some other dialog?

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 05:13:45 PM »
It's a little annoying to localize the destination folder using the folder's tree when the destination is just the same as the original folder.

Maybe a similar option could solve this as in the "Extract JPEG previews from RAW photos" dialog (Extract to source folder). But what good is it to copy a file from the source folder into itself in the same format?

What I find more anoying is to allways search the same folder as I used last time. It would help a lot if the folder select window would remember where I used it last time. And as I suggested earlier (see link below) it would save a lot of time, if save/copy/move destinations could be set manually in a text box (allowing to use variables) and maybe adding a recently used target folder list would be handy as well.
http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=1229.0
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 06:41:21 PM »

Maybe a similar option could solve this as in the "Extract JPEG previews from RAW photos" dialog (Extract to source folder). But what good is it to copy a file from the source folder into itself in the same format?

What I find more anoying is to allways search the same folder as I used last time. It would help a lot if the folder select window would remember where I used it last time. And as I suggested earlier (see link below) it would save a lot of time, if save/copy/move destinations could be set manually in a text box (allowing to use variables) and maybe adding a recently used target folder list would be handy as well.
http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=1229.0

I'll try and spiff up the Copy Photos dialog when the other big things are done: 4.5.1, Structured Keywords for Windows, and customizable IPTC dialogs.

-Kirk