Author Topic: Photo Mechanic Plus, build 5414  (Read 3107 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Photo Mechanic Plus, build 5414
« on: December 08, 2020, 02:53:44 PM »
While we're working on a larger set of improvements to Photo Mechanic Plus, we wanted you to have access to the improvements we've made since the builds released on November 18, 2020.

Photo Mechanic Plus (R5414) 12/08/2020

Both:
• Added: Slideshow and Live Slideshow now have an option to keep the mouse cursor visible during the slideshow.
• Fixed: Folders with an ampersand (&) do not display correctly as a path in Scan to Catalog.
• Fixed: Scan to Catalog is now tolerant of folders that cannot be accessed during the scanning process.
• Fixed: Structured Keywords now draws Categories and Synonyms in different colors from Keywords.  Synonyms are also drawn in boldface style.
• Fixed:Non-constrained crops can now be moved again.
• Fixed:Black edges on saved images with crops applied when the crop has only a very slight rotation angle (< 1º).
• Fixed: If malformed path record files (.pmshare files) are encountered on disk, the Catalog system now purges and recreates them.
• Fixed: Case where Catalog preview generation would stall, retrying the same file repeatedly if it could not be loaded.

macOS:
• Fixed: Catalog Preview generation stalls for some images (EPS-TIFF), application fails to shutdown gracefully.

Windows:
• Fixed: "Photo Mechanic Shell Extension CreateProcess failed." error when opening a folder in Photo Mechanic from Windows Explorer.

(links have been removed, there is a newer build available: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=13808.0 )
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 06:16:40 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline sebastianbremen

• Newcomer
  • Let's be nice to nature!
    • View Profile
    • Sebastian Burger Photography and Projects
Re: Photo Mechanic Plus, build 5414
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 12:08:51 PM »
Hi Kirk!
That's nice. For the mac installer: High Sierra doesn't open the installer, can that be?

Furthermore: with the last PM+ Version I realized that if I search for an keyword only the raw and not the jpg is found, do you know of that bug?

Thanks, Sebastian
Working since 2012 on https://www.mut-tour.de: As Initiator and "art director" I deal a lot with my and other photographers images and am happy to leave fuggin' Adobe's subscription trap. Hoping camera bits guys keep on programming.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 04:30:15 PM »
Sebastian,

That's nice. For the mac installer: High Sierra doesn't open the installer, can that be?

What does it do instead of opening the disk image?

Furthermore: with the last PM+ Version I realized that if I search for an keyword only the raw and not the jpg is found, do you know of that bug?

Are you certain that the RAW and the JPEG have the same metadata?

-Kirk

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 10:31:12 AM »
Morning Kirk,

Thanks for the beta to test the mouse cursor option.  I have a ZOOM meeting Wednesday and that will be a good test.

Jerry

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 10:54:42 PM »
Worked perfectly in ZOOM - thanks for adding the mouse cursor option during slide show. Will this be implemented in the non-plus version?

JJerry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 08:48:01 AM »
Jerry,

Worked perfectly in ZOOM - thanks for adding the mouse cursor option during slide show. Will this be implemented in the non-plus version?

Yes, the next build will also have this improvement.

-Kirk