Author Topic: Closing last contact sheet hides program window  (Read 1463 times)

Offline jarle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Closing last contact sheet hides program window
« on: December 09, 2020, 01:32:40 AM »
No big deal, but I've always wondered: when closing last open contact sheet, the program window is hidden (or minimized or whatever).

Only way (?) to get the program back is to right-click on the program icon in the dock and click on a previously used folder.

Is there an option to keep PM visible even when no contact sheets are open?

Jarle

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
Re: Closing last contact sheet hides program window
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 06:37:20 AM »
I had the same question, here’s how to fix

You just have the preferences set to close the window when the last tab is closed.  Look at the menubar when you close the last tab.  Does the application menu still say Photo Mechanic or Photo Mechanic Plus?  If so, then the app is still running, it just doesn't have a main window anymore.  You can change this behavior by unchecking the "Close contact sheet window when the last tab is closed" checkbox.  Then what will happen is a new Untitled tab will appear when you close the last tab instead of closing the entire window.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 09:34:05 AM by RonD200 »
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline jarle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Closing last contact sheet hides program window
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 01:40:31 AM »
You can change this behavior by unchecking the "Close contact sheet window when the last tab is closed" checkbox. 

Thanks! I cannot understand why people would want this (default?) behaviour, but as suspected it was an easy fix.

Jarle