Author Topic: Veery slow catalog update  (Read 1852 times)

Offline rlysakowski

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Veery slow catalog update
« on: December 10, 2020, 12:24:20 AM »
When trying to scan my SSD drive to catalog, it goes fast in the first phase (scan to catalog) but then it takes ages to see a the photos added to the catalog.
I am only able to see one of the folders of my SSD drive present in the catalog with several other missing. I am not even sure if the folder has been added completetly.
When I check the tasks, I see many pending with very slow progress (see attached screenshot).
Are there any ways to speed this up? I am not sure if I can close my PC, put it sleep, disconnect the SSD, etc... the progress is well hidden and I am just not confident in it's accuracy.
I've done it once already only to find out that many folders were missing (and I thought it was all done when the scan to catalog window got closed).

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Veery slow catalog update
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 11:29:04 AM »
When trying to scan my SSD drive to catalog, it goes fast in the first phase (scan to catalog) but then it takes ages to see a the photos added to the catalog.
I am only able to see one of the folders of my SSD drive present in the catalog with several other missing. I am not even sure if the folder has been added completetly.
When I check the tasks, I see many pending with very slow progress (see attached screenshot).
Are there any ways to speed this up? I am not sure if I can close my PC, put it sleep, disconnect the SSD, etc... the progress is well hidden and I am just not confident in it's accuracy.
I've done it once already only to find out that many folders were missing (and I thought it was all done when the scan to catalog window got closed).

What build of Photo Mechanic Plus are you running?

-Kirk

Offline rlysakowski

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Veery slow catalog update
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 02:21:18 AM »
Build 5376
It took several hours (definitely over 6h) in total after I figured out I can prioritize tasks but I can say it was much slower than expected.
I am on Dell XPS15 I7 16gb RAM, WIN10, SSD - Sandisk Extreme 1TB.