Author Topic: Default value of Sort Order List-Box  (Read 8174 times)

Offline hjb00

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Default value of Sort Order List-Box
« on: December 12, 2020, 12:15:52 AM »
When starting the program, effective sort order seems to be Filename. List-Box does correctly display that for a new Search, but for Filter and Browse it will display whatever value was used in the previous invocation of the program. Re-selecting whatever is displayed in the list-box will change the effective sort order.
I typically sort by caption time, and that is what is displayed in the list-box, even though the effective sort is filename.

Hans-Jørgen

Offline esambo

• View Profile
Re: Default value of Sort Order List-Box
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 06:34:55 PM »
Yes, I noticed that too, which is rather annoying, and forces me to have to temporarily select a different sort option and then click on the initial one again, so it does actually sort by that.
I also just noticed that you can modify the default sort order in the Preferences: Contact Sheet: "Default sort method"

Offline esambo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 05:39:41 PM »
This is annoying and deceptive. It consistently occurs whenever I do a "Search", which opens up a new Search tab which claims that it is sorted by "Capture Time" (based on my Preferences: Contact Sheet: Default sorting method). But this is not the fact, and I need to temporarily select some random other value in the sort order drop down and then select the "Capture Time" sort order again. Having to remember to switch back and forth between a random sort order for search result tabs is annoying and time consuming. It is also deceptive that the default sort order works just fine in the Filter and Browser, but not in the Search, as it's not obvious to remember that. (I would rather have an empty/undefined/please-select-one default sort order entry for search results than a deceptive/wrong one.)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 08:56:58 PM »
Have both of you tried the "Interim build" that we posted recently?

See: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=14093.0

It should fix the problem you both have described.

-Kirk

Offline esambo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 02:46:36 PM »
Your link doesn't work for me, but Photo Mechanic 6, Build 5820: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=14151.0 fixed it. Thank you very much. Please close this issue

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2021, 07:16:18 AM »
Your link doesn't work for me, but Photo Mechanic 6, Build 5820: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=14151.0 fixed it. Thank you very much. Please close this issue

Those interim builds are removed once an official build is deployed that supercedes them.  Thanks for confirming that the problem is fixed.

-Kirk