Author Topic: PM6 does not see all color/ratings set in CaptureOne  (Read 1384 times)

Offline rlysakowski

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM6 does not see all color/ratings set in CaptureOne
« on: December 12, 2020, 03:24:02 AM »
I am PM6 owner, currently evaluating PM6+with intention to use PM as my primary DAM, independent of the RAW processor.
I use CaptureOne Pro 20 for my ratings and color tags. I scanned all my photos so be able to quickly filter them and review for the upcoming photo contest where I want to submit my work.
To my surprise, some of the ratings/color tags for Ricoh DNG files are not picked up by the catalog. Same thing happens if I open the folder as contact sheet. PM shows the XPM side car files but the rating/color tag remains blank. It shows some, I have not seen similar problems with Fuji RAF files. I have the CaptureOne compatibility mode set.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong and if I missing some setting... Hopefuly you can guide me in the correct direction.
I am on build 5376.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM6 does not see all color/ratings set in CaptureOne
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 09:00:30 AM »
Capture one isn't updating the metadata in the DNG file which goes against the standards for DNG files.  Instead they're creating XMP sidecar files instead of putting the metadata in the DNG files like virtually every other app does.  PM won't associate XMP files with DNG files.  That's why they're showing up as individual files in PM.  They should not be created by any app in the first place.

-Kirk

Offline rlysakowski

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM6 does not see all color/ratings set in CaptureOne
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 08:14:25 AM »
Ok, thanks, it's definitely good to know! I noticed that all exported files (TIFFs or JPGs) were correctly recognized. The way you explain it definitely makes sense to me.
Thanks!