Author Topic: Right Click menu - include in catalog  (Read 3187 times)

Offline Bob M

• View Profile
    • The McElroys of Point Alexander
Right Click menu - include in catalog
« on: December 17, 2020, 01:04:16 PM »
Windows 10 PM+ V6 build 5438

There seems to be a change in behaviour with the new update.

In a contact sheet, if I select all, then right click on a random image and select "include in catalog", only the image that I right clicked on gets the green dot.  (I haven't checked whether the others are actually included in the catalog or not.). But if I select "include in catalog" from the main menu, all selected images get the green dot.

If I select all, right click and select "copy", all images get copied as expected.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Right Click menu - include in catalog
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 02:06:01 PM »
Bob,

That's unfortunate.  I introduced that bug.  Here is a build that fixes it though:

https://www.camerabits.com/download/PMPlusSetupR5445_af998694.msi

Please let me know if you have any issues with this build.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Bob M

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 04:19:53 PM »
You're going to grow to hate me Kirk  :)

I downloaded build 5445 and have been using it for the last 30 minutes or so -- just using it normally, not explicitly testing it.  Except for the issue described below, it seems to be working fine.  And in particular, the "right click, include in catalog" works as expected.  However ...

The drop down menu for Event is not working fine.  This is the third event that I've edited; so the recent sub-menu contains two entries.  I didn't check them, but if I now choose an event from my list of saved events, it chooses the wrong one.  In particular, the software fills in the event immediately preceding the one I click.  That is, in the example below, I clicked on "Deep River Waterfront - {datesort}" and got "Deep River Waterfront - late fall - {datesort}".

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 04:58:09 PM »
Bob,

You're going to grow to hate me Kirk  :)

Certainly not, hate is a very strong emotion.  I actually like bug reports, they help me make a better product in the end.

I downloaded build 5445 and have been using it for the last 30 minutes or so -- just using it normally, not explicitly testing it.  Except for the issue described below, it seems to be working fine.  And in particular, the "right click, include in catalog" works as expected.  However ...

The drop down menu for Event is not working fine.  This is the third event that I've edited; so the recent sub-menu contains two entries.  I didn't check them, but if I now choose an event from my list of saved events, it chooses the wrong one.  In particular, the software fills in the event immediately preceding the one I click.  That is, in the example below, I clicked on "Deep River Waterfront - {datesort}" and got "Deep River Waterfront - late fall - {datesort}".

Would it be possible for you to share with me your list of events?  You should be able to export them to a file that I can in turn load into my copy of Photo Mechanic Plus.  If they're sensitive (you don't want others to have them) then send me a personal message by clicking on my name to the left of this post and we'll work out the details.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Bob M

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 05:05:41 AM »

Certainly not, hate is a very strong emotion.  I actually like bug reports, they help me make a better product in the end.

My comment, of course was in jest.  But maybe I'm a little self-conscious over identifying several minor glitches in the last few days.  But that won't stop me though.

Would it be possible for you to share with me your list of events?  You should be able to export them to a file that I can in turn load into my copy of Photo Mechanic Plus.  If they're sensitive (you don't want others to have them) then send me a personal message by clicking on my name to the left of this post and we'll work out the details.

I have attached my list of events.  If someone were really bored, they could perhaps use this to identify my website; I'm not concerned.

I have investigated a little further.  Everything works properly if the "recent" list is empty; that is, the "recent" list does not appear.  If the list is present, the selection is off by one.  And if you choose the very first saved event, nothing happens.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2020, 10:56:36 AM »

I have attached my list of events.  If someone were really bored, they could perhaps use this to identify my website; I'm not concerned.

I have investigated a little further.  Everything works properly if the "recent" list is empty; that is, the "recent" list does not appear.  If the list is present, the selection is off by one.  And if you choose the very first saved event, nothing happens.

Thank you for the sample file, Bob.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 02:02:02 PM »
Bob,

This build should address the off-by-one problem you reported:

https://www.camerabits.com/download/PMPlusSetupR5446_f4785abc.msi

Offline Bob M

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2020, 03:12:01 PM »
Thanks for preparing this build.  I installed it and took it for a spin;  everything seems to behave as expected.

Thanks again
Bob M