Author Topic: Code Replacement pound Key #  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Jan

• View Profile
Code Replacement pound Key #
« on: December 27, 2020, 11:47:19 AM »
Hello,

Is it possible to change the pound key somewhere?

By default, your standard replacement will be the first one. In order to substitute the alternates instead of the first code replacement, you need to add the field selector (the pound sign ‘#’) followed by the number of the replacement you want to select. In this example,  =ff= replaces with "staff" and  =ff#2=  replaces with "Jane Smith," and =ff#3= replaces with "Wilson Oluo."

The reason is that I don't have an American Keyboard instead I have an German one and it is much easier to use # as delimiter.

Thx

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Code Replacement pound Key #
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 12:50:36 PM »
Is it possible to change the pound key somewhere?

By default, your standard replacement will be the first one. In order to substitute the alternates instead of the first code replacement, you need to add the field selector (the pound sign ‘#’) followed by the number of the replacement you want to select. In this example,  =ff= replaces with "staff" and  =ff#2=  replaces with "Jane Smith," and =ff#3= replaces with "Wilson Oluo."

The reason is that I don't have an American Keyboard instead I have an German one and it is much easier to use # as delimiter.

No, there is no preference setting to replace that character.

-Kirk

Offline Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 02:47:28 PM »
Hello Kirk,

thank you, are there any kind of escape characters I can use with code replacement? Like # to use so that I light Stick with the delimiter characters? #test#2# for example? I will never these only during ingest within the iptc Templates.

Thx
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 09:43:59 PM by Faas »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 03:35:09 PM »
thank you, are there ans Kind of escape characters I can use signing die Replacement? Like # to use so that I light Stick with ja delimiter characters? #test#2# vor example? I will never these only during ingest within the iptc Templates.

No, there are no escape sequences either.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 11:17:07 AM »
If we were to provide an alternate character, what would you choose?

-Kirk

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 04:33:26 PM »
I could see something that doesn't require a modifier key to be useful. I frequently miss the shift key and end up with "/h1032/" instead of "/h10#2/" when captioning quickly.

Since I use "/" as my Delimiter character, I'd definitely play around with "." or "," as my field selector if configuring it was an option.
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/