Author Topic: Exporting from PM to Capture One Problem  (Read 1971 times)

Offline steven_neeson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Exporting from PM to Capture One Problem
« on: December 20, 2020, 12:15:05 PM »
Hello, I am wondering if anyone has experienced this or would have an idea of what I could try.

After I select the culled images in Photomechanic, then CMD E (using Mac, newest update but done it on the older one too) to open in Capture One, It normally opens up all the selcted images - for some reason now C1 is opening up all the images in the folder rather than the selected/culled ones.

Has anyone an idea of whats going on.. would it be a PhotoMechanic issue or C1?

Warm regards,
Steven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Exporting from PM to Capture One Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 07:40:24 PM »
Steven,

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has experienced this or would have an idea of what I could try.

After I select the culled images in Photomechanic, then CMD E (using Mac, newest update but done it on the older one too) to open in Capture One, It normally opens up all the selcted images - for some reason now C1 is opening up all the images in the folder rather than the selected/culled ones.

Has anyone an idea of whats going on.. would it be a PhotoMechanic issue or C1?

Uncertain.  What happens if you use drag and drop from your OS (Finder on macOS, Windows Explorer on Windows) to Capture One?  What does it do then?

-Kirk

Offline Earl M

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 10:05:03 AM »
I have the same problem since upgrading to C1 21 Mac using catalog. C1 previously let me drag and drop files to the icon and it would open an import window for just those files. Now C1 will not accept the file list but only the folder name and it wants to import all files in the folder. BUT there is a workaround - from the C1 Import window you can now click the 3 dots in the upper right corner to open the filter dialog and set a filter to only import starred photos or any other criteria.

Offline Earl M

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 06:01:29 PM »
It appears this has been fixed in Capture one v 14.0.2.49 released in January. I can now drag selected photos to the Capture One icon in the doc or Cmd+E to edit selected files and it works as expected like in C1 v20.  I have been using the workaround since 21 was released and had not tried the old import method. Thanks to Andrew at CB for testing this and asking us to try it again on the PM Facebook site.