Author Topic: PM allows computer to sleep while scanning a catalog  (Read 1602 times)

Offline bazography

• View Profile
PM allows computer to sleep while scanning a catalog
« on: December 22, 2020, 12:02:11 AM »
MacOS 10.14.6
build 5438 (a729133)

I was scanning a catalog recently, and since the estimated time was several hours I started it at night so it would be done by morning. Instead, the computer fell asleep during the scan, so it was nowhere near done. I had to manually change my energy saver settings and run the scan again, and then try to remember to manually change my energy saver settings back to normal.

It would be nice if PM kept the computer awake during a task... can this be implemented?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM allows computer to sleep while scanning a catalog
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 04:42:19 PM »
MacOS 10.14.6
build 5438 (a729133)

I was scanning a catalog recently, and since the estimated time was several hours I started it at night so it would be done by morning. Instead, the computer fell asleep during the scan, so it was nowhere near done. I had to manually change my energy saver settings and run the scan again, and then try to remember to manually change my energy saver settings back to normal.

It would be nice if PM kept the computer awake during a task... can this be implemented?

Please make a feature request here: https://docs.camerabits.com/support/discussions/forums/48000071283