Author Topic: FTP upload hangs until Cancel button is clicked  (Read 1726 times)

Offline jarle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTP upload hangs until Cancel button is clicked
« on: December 22, 2020, 09:30:30 AM »
May or may not be a PM issue, but it's not uncommon to experience the following: when uploading one or multiple files, the FTP just hangs. Apparently, nothing happens. But clicking the Cancel button, things mysteriously fixes themselves and the file(s) are correctly uploaded. I can not remember having had such issues with PM 5. Am I the only one seeing this?

Macbook Pro, Catalina 10.15.7, PM 6.0, build 5404 (e13fb4f).

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP upload hangs until Cancel button is clicked
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 04:36:02 PM »
May or may not be a PM issue, but it's not uncommon to experience the following: when uploading one or multiple files, the FTP just hangs. Apparently, nothing happens. But clicking the Cancel button, things mysteriously fixes themselves and the file(s) are correctly uploaded. I can not remember having had such issues with PM 5. Am I the only one seeing this?

Macbook Pro, Catalina 10.15.7, PM 6.0, build 5404 (e13fb4f).

To my knowledge, yes.

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Matthew

• View Profile
    • matt-horwood.com
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 11:53:02 AM »
I've noticed this. Something similar just happened and I've noticed it happening before too.

Often it's the first transmission in a session - subsequent transmissions seem to work fine. I've noticed it with multiple servers.

The situation just then was as follows:

Selected four images to upload via FTP (non passive connection). It hangs on sending with a message saying connecting. I selected cancel and 2 of the 4 images sent fine. Subsequent images are also sending fine now.

Don't want to hijack the thread here but it sounds like it might be a similar issue...

Offline J.A.S.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 02:47:58 AM »
Just to add that I occasionally get this glitch too.

Mac Catalina 10.15.7 running PM6 build 5404.

For me, it seems to happen after Mac has gone to sleep, and then wakes up.

Can be cleared, like OP says, by clicking cancel - which seems to then make the file transfer as normal.

Another way that seems to get things working, is to open Safari or Chrome and navigate to a page / refresh a page. Then go back to PM6 and it will then send when you refresh the transfer.

Hope this helps.

John