Author Topic: Something is very, very wrong  (Read 9426 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Something is very, very wrong
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2021, 08:20:35 AM »
Soizic,

This is exactly what I want!
Is there a Mac version?

Soon!

-Kirk

Offline rjh1007

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2021, 08:41:34 AM »
Kirk
Thanks very, very much. It worked perfectly for an import of another 8,000+ images.

A couple of questions:
1 - The exclude from folders */captureone is sticky, however, is there a way to do a snapshot just as a precaution?
2 - When there is an upgrade to PM+ will the changes you have made in this build be included or will I have to receive special build? I assume the former.

Comment: - After the issue with the rapidly increasing size of the dyn.log file I have been watching the this file.  It continues to increase, albeit much slower, while PM+ is open.  When PM+ is closed and reopened a backup file is create and the dyn.log starts to grow again.  Is there a way that control that or at least have limit to the number of backups?
Thanks again
Bob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 08:55:26 AM »
Bob,

Thanks very, very much. It worked perfectly for an import of another 8,000+ images.

Excellent, that's good to hear.

A couple of questions:
1 - The exclude from folders */captureone is sticky, however, is there a way to do a snapshot just as a precaution?

There is a snapshot button in the Scan to Catalog window.  One does not yet exist in Catalog Sync, however.

2 - When there is an upgrade to PM+ will the changes you have made in this build be included or will I have to receive special build? I assume the former.

Everyone will get the new improvements.

Comment: - After the issue with the rapidly increasing size of the dyn.log file I have been watching the this file.  It continues to increase, albeit much slower, while PM+ is open.  When PM+ is closed and reopened a backup file is create and the dyn.log starts to grow again.  Is there a way that control that or at least have limit to the number of backups?

If you turn off CATALOG_DEBUG_LOGGING, the logging will be reduced to a trickle.  You can delete all of the numbered logs and it should take quite a long time for even one more of them to be created.  However, if you encounter a problem that we will be assisting you with, we're going to want that logging turned back on and the problem reproduced again.

-Kirk

Offline rjh1007

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 01:29:13 PM »
Kirk
The CATALOG_DEBUG_LOGGING and all other check boxes were turned off. For the approx. hour that I had PM+ loaded this morning it created a 6.6mb file. So I am assuming that if I leave PM+ loaded for 24 hours it will create an approx. 150 mb dyn.log file.  ??
When I close PM+ it also creates a backup of that dyn.log file and starts another and so on and so on.  There must be a way to at least reduce the eventual size of the dyn.log file and/or limit the number of backup files without having to manually go the directory and delete them. There is nothing worse than a lot of redundant backup files taking up room and creating clutter.  Would it be possible to create a user limiter in the preferences like you have for preference/caching?
Thanks
Bob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2021, 01:47:03 PM »
The CATALOG_DEBUG_LOGGING and all other check boxes were turned off. For the approx. hour that I had PM+ loaded this morning it created a 6.6mb file. So I am assuming that if I leave PM+ loaded for 24 hours it will create an approx. 150 mb dyn.log file.  ??
When I close PM+ it also creates a backup of that dyn.log file and starts another and so on and so on.  There must be a way to at least reduce the eventual size of the dyn.log file and/or limit the number of backup files without having to manually go the directory and delete them. There is nothing worse than a lot of redundant backup files taking up room and creating clutter.  Would it be possible to create a user limiter in the preferences like you have for preference/caching?

I'd like to see your logs again, please post them.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline rjh1007

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2021, 05:45:15 PM »
Kirk
Just to be sure that I don't mess up - what debugging do you want me to turn and for how long?
Bob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2021, 05:52:47 PM »
Bob,

Just to be sure that I don't mess up - what debugging do you want me to turn and for how long?

None.  I just want to see what is logging 6.6MB in an hour.  Just package up what you have and post it, please.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline rjh1007

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 06:47:26 PM »
Kirk
A current dyn.log and a backup are zipped along with a screen shot
Bob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2021, 07:05:26 PM »
Thanks, Bob.

I'll take a look soon.

-Kirk

Offline rjh1007

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2021, 11:16:28 AM »
Kirk
Thanks
I have attached an update  - this is since Friday 5pm and PM+ was off Most of the weekend.
Bob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2021, 11:25:04 AM »
Bob,

The catalog at this location is still known to Photo Mechanic Plus but does not exist there anymore:

C:/Users/rhansen/Documents/Photo Mechanic Catalogs/Default Catalog

In the Catalog Management window, in the Local Catalogs section click on the expander triangle to the left of the Default Catalog and click on the "Forget" button.  Your logs should become very quiet.  You can delete the existing logs and the zip files containing the logs as well.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline rjh1007

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2021, 12:29:18 PM »
Kirk
Thanks

Offline Soizic

• View Profile