Author Topic: Import LR6 ratings, colours and keywords into PM+  (Read 1353 times)

Offline charly5

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Import LR6 ratings, colours and keywords into PM+
« on: January 01, 2021, 02:29:27 PM »
Hi,

How can I import my Lightroom (version 6) images with star ratings, colour ratings and keywords into PM+? I do not need the image editing information. Only the ratings and the keywords.

I just tried it with a testfolder full of images by using in the PM+ menu catalogue/scan catalogues and then pick the testfolder. Images show up in PM+, but the LR star ratings are not visible anymore in PM+.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Import LR6 ratings, colours and keywords into PM+
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 04:40:06 PM »
How can I import my Lightroom (version 6) images with star ratings, colour ratings and keywords into PM+? I do not need the image editing information. Only the ratings and the keywords.

I just tried it with a testfolder full of images by using in the PM+ menu catalogue/scan catalogues and then pick the testfolder. Images show up in PM+, but the LR star ratings are not visible anymore in PM+.

You need to force Lightroom to write the metadata back to the files.  Select the images in Lightroom.  Then from the Metadata menu choose "Save Metadata to Files".  Once it completes then I expect Photo Mechanic and Photo Mechanic Plus to see your ratings, color labels, and keywords.

-Kirk