Author Topic: PM+: Show and filter Exif / MetaData Statistics like in Lightroom  (Read 1679 times)

Offline charly5

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi,

I would like to switch from Lightroom to a combination of PM+ and Capture One Pro.

I need PM+ only for ingesting, rating the good photos, deleting all other photos and doing research about statistic data like which camera I used the most in year xy, which ISO I used the most often, aperture, focal length, shutterspeed etc. pp.

In Lightroom there is a very easy way to do this research by clicking on the different filter criteria and the different combination of them, the images which belong to these criteria are shown as thumbnails in the library module immediately.

Does something similar exist for PM+?

If yes, where do I find it and how to set it up?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM+: Show and filter Exif / MetaData Statistics like in Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 04:41:37 PM »
I would like to switch from Lightroom to a combination of PM+ and Capture One Pro.

I need PM+ only for ingesting, rating the good photos, deleting all other photos and doing research about statistic data like which camera I used the most in year xy, which ISO I used the most often, aperture, focal length, shutterspeed etc. pp.

In Lightroom there is a very easy way to do this research by clicking on the different filter criteria and the different combination of them, the images which belong to these criteria are shown as thumbnails in the library module immediately.

Does something similar exist for PM+?

Yes, in the Organizer, the Filter tab.  Though I can't say if Photo Mechanic Plus offers all of the criteria that you're looking for.

-Kirk

Offline rjh1007

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM+: Show and filter Exif / MetaData Statistics like in Lightroom
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 07:48:12 PM »
Charly5
I recently requested the same thing.  PM  apparently considers the demand for feature requests in their decision making.  Please follow this link and add your request.  Hopefully it helps.

I am like you and use a lot of the exif data for grouping images for analysis and projects.

https://docs.camerabits.com/support/discussions/topics/48000561368  if this link doesn't get you their the look in Feature Request for"Add shutter speed and focal length to searchable fields in Catalog".
Bob