Author Topic: Searching by orientation?  (Read 5757 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Searching by orientation?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 09:14:23 AM »
As  a follow up to this, I have now, eventually, created a new database and the "Vertical" keyword is now showing 3438 images :-)

However, although I made sure only the ADD for my new database was selected, as it was building, the message on the metadata update in the tasks window said I was updating 2 of 2  databases and the catalog.pmdb file for both databases was being written to.

The other catalog will be updated when the system discovers changes to files that are relevant to that catalog.

While building the new database (27,000 images) it froze during building previews (actually only during the final 3000 files).  I did a search here and found a suggestion to run a full sync to force the preview build to restart, but PM6 was locked solid, and I needed to force quit.

After restarting, the preview build automatically restarted, and after 3-4 crashes and restarts, the previews were completed :-)

it seems to OK now, and I will delete the original database.

As an aside as my rebuilds and restarts seemed to affect both databases i.e. the message that metadata was being updated in two of two databases, I did check my original database, to see if there were any changes, but this is still only seeing 27 images with the "Vertical" keyword.

Thanks for the additional information.  The hanging problem is our highest priority and we think we've solved it but we haven't heard back from the user that was having significant problems as to his results with the new build.

-Kirk

Offline myotis

• View Profile
Re: Searching by orientation?
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 09:21:08 AM »

Thanks for the additional information.  The hanging problem is our highest priority and we think we've solved it but we haven't heard back from the user that was having significant problems as to his results with the new build.

-Kirk

Thanks Kirk, I don't feel the need to pursue it, but given the other catalogue had been updated several times and in several different way, immediately before creating the new catalogue, I do wonder what it was updating.

Especially as the only changes I was aware of was the additional "Vertical" in the keywords, and that wasn't updated.

But useful to know for the future that this cross database updating occurs.

Cheers,

Graham