Author Topic: Clearing Metadata (IPTC) Snapshot  (Read 1487 times)

Offline JOP

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Clearing Metadata (IPTC) Snapshot
« on: January 03, 2021, 12:31:41 AM »
Trying to apply metadata on selected photos by using the take and paste functions of Metadata (IPTC) Snapshot, I realised there are a number of IPTC Snapshots n to choose from. How do I delete the old snapshots?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Clearing Metadata (IPTC) Snapshot
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 10:25:00 AM »
Trying to apply metadata on selected photos by using the take and paste functions of Metadata (IPTC) Snapshot, I realised there are a number of IPTC Snapshots n to choose from. How do I delete the old snapshots?

There's no way to delete them, but quitting and restarting will make them all go away.  They don't persist.

-Kirk

Offline Woodie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 04:09:10 PM »

There's no way to delete them, but quitting and restarting will make them all go away.  They don't persist.

-Kirk

Isn't it possible to delete snapshots by selecting Manage Snapshots, opening the folder and just deleting the .snap file? Maybe I'm not understanding the question.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 04:43:37 PM »

Isn't it possible to delete snapshots by selecting Manage Snapshots, opening the folder and just deleting the .snap file? Maybe I'm not understanding the question.

He's asking about the feature where you take a metadata snapshot from a photo in the contact sheet and then you can paste it onto a selection of photos.  He's not using the Metadata Info/Template dialogs.  At least that's what I think he's doing.

-Kirk