Author Topic: Help please! Mac completely died, where are my Keyword snapshots on TimeMachine?  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Henry Gilbey

• View Profile
Hoping somebody can please help me............

My old iMac basically died the other day but I didn't lose any data etc. because of Time Machine and various cloud based backups etc.

Currently seeing up a new Mac and I can't work out where my many Photo Mechanic Plus Keyword snapshots would be in my TimeMachine backup on an external hard drive? I want to find them and copy them into the new download of Photo Mechanic.

Anybody know where I might find the various snapshots?

Many thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Henry,

Hoping somebody can please help me............

My old iMac basically died the other day but I didn't lose any data etc. because of Time Machine and various cloud based backups etc.

Currently seeing up a new Mac and I can't work out where my many Photo Mechanic Plus Keyword snapshots would be in my TimeMachine backup on an external hard drive? I want to find them and copy them into the new download of Photo Mechanic.

Anybody know where I might find the various snapshots?

Many thanks.

They should be in the following location along with all Photo Mechanic Preferences:

/Users/<your username>/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic

If you restore that folder, you should get all of your settings back.

-Kirk

Offline Henry Gilbey

• View Profile
Kirk, thanks as always for your help.........

I have managed to find what you told me to look for, it was "hidden" and I had to go find it...........how do I go about restoring it to the new version of PM+ that I have installed on my new Mac? Do I have to replace that folder on my Mac with the one from the TimeMachine backup? Is that safe to do?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Henry,

Kirk, thanks as always for your help.........

I have managed to find what you told me to look for, it was "hidden" and I had to go find it...........how do I go about restoring it to the new version of PM+ that I have installed on my new Mac? Do I have to replace that folder on my Mac with the one from the TimeMachine backup? Is that safe to do?

Yes, that should work fine.  Just be sure to quit Photo Mechanic / Photo Mechanic Plus before you restore the folder.

-Kirk

Offline Henry Gilbey

• View Profile
Many thanks Kirk, it's worked, phew!