Author Topic: Find and Replace Multiple Keywords  (Read 5277 times)

Online davidgordon

• View Profile
    • davidgordon.co.uk
Re: Find and Replace Multiple Keywords
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 08:56:58 AM »
helpful in sorting out the mess Lightroom makes in exporting keywords.

Perhaps I'm missing something here and maybe that's why I think I have a problem!

I don't think Lightroom is making a mess, Photo Mechanic is. PM is reading the keywords from two locations where one would suffice. Graham, what happens once you've successfully deleted the duplicate keywords and you revisit the image? If PM or Photo Mechanic Plus  re-reads the file you're going to be back to square one with duplicate keywords again.

GREP is very clever, but I'm sure there's an easier way available to general users to deal with this by preventing PM from reading both sets of XMP keywords.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Find and Replace Multiple Keywords
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2021, 10:09:13 AM »
Graham,

What I cannot get rid of though is the separator, whether as a result of adding hierarchical keywords through Lightroom or the use of the Metadata (IPTC) Template.  In Kirk's examples above, the code is [ \¦], but I have had to type the vertical pipe in, because copying and pasting, here and in RegExr and in the Find and Replace panel, comes out as a comma, as in [ \,].  Using the comma, with or without spaces either side, does not work.  Using the pipe symbol typed in replaces all the spaces between words, not the separators.  I have also tried using the unicode number u007c, but to no avail.  I have made sure that IPTC data is set to unicode.

Any help/thoughts on the GREP issue would be much appreciated.

It isn't a Windows problem in general.  I can copy and paste the grep examples from this thread into RegExr in the Chrome browser on Windows 10 and it pastes just fine, nothing is changed.  I can also paste it into Photo Mechanic's Find and Replace panel and it pastes correctly, the vertical separator remains.  I suspect something on your end is causing the problem.

-Kirk