Author Topic: Open with?  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Dewcal

• View Profile
Open with?
« on: January 06, 2021, 09:29:15 AM »
Using PMP on Windows 10, I invariably wish to open my images in C1 which I have set up in the preferences.  Pressing E and the image opens in C1 - great.  Just occasionally I would like to open an image in PS and wonder how can I include PS in the menu item "Edith with"?

Thanks for any help.
Dave

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Open with?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 09:41:03 AM »
Dave,

Using PMP on Windows 10, I invariably wish to open my images in C1 which I have set up in the preferences.  Pressing E and the image opens in C1 - great.  Just occasionally I would like to open an image in PS and wonder how can I include PS in the menu item "Edith with"?

See:

https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48001077633-sending-photos-from-photo-mechanic-to-external-editors
https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48001145596-launching-preferences

-Kirk

Offline Dewcal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 10:46:23 AM »
Thanks Kirk,

Appreciate the links. I have the "preferences launching" set to C1 and shortcut "E" opens the image therein.  I do not have a particular file type to set for launching PS.  I had assumed that the "Edit with" command could be used to select an alternative converter without assigning a file type.

My current way of working is to (Windows 10) is "show file in explorer" and then right click "file to open with PS".  This just seems a rather roundabout way to get to where I would like to be.

I am afraid I could not find anything in these links to allow selecting an alternative editor.  This is not something I do very often but it would be nice to have the opportunity to be able to select the raw editor when using "edit with".
Dave

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 10:50:20 AM »
It's in the first link:

Use a right-click. In the right-click context menu you will see Edit Photo with and Edit Selected Photos with. Highlighting these options will show a submenu menu with all the different image editors you have assigned in Preferences>Launching: Set.

Offline Dewcal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 11:08:51 AM »
OK, I understand now....apologies for being dense.  I had (incorrectly) assumed that the "set" function would only work for a given file type (nef, raf etc).  Having set it for nef I see that it is available for all raw files (that I have tried so far).

I had assumed there would have been an option to select other raw converters and got confused by seeing the list of file types.

Thanks for sorting me out.
Dave