Author Topic: How to realign physical folder structure and folder structure in catalog  (Read 1834 times)

Offline erbro

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hallo,

I still try to understand how to realign physical folder structure and folder structure in catalog.   I tried the Scan and the Sync option but without success.

Typical cases are
1) Deleted phisical folders are still in catalog
2) moved folders are still in catalog but at wrong location

I indeed understand that if these actions done outside PM+, PM+ will not know. I just want to align afterwards.

Best Regards
Eric Bromey

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to realign physical folder structure and folder structure in catalog
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 10:35:15 AM »
Eric,

I still try to understand how to realign physical folder structure and folder structure in catalog.   I tried the Scan and the Sync option but without success.

Typical cases are
1) Deleted phisical folders are still in catalog

In the Browse tab of the Organizer, expand the Folder Path subtree.  Keep expanding the trees until you find the folder that you know no longer exists.  Then right-click on it and choose "Remove Folder".

2) moved folders are still in catalog but at wrong location

In the Browse tab of the Organizer, expand the Folder Path subtree.  Keep expanding the trees until you find the folder that you know no longer exists.  Then right-click on it and choose "Choose new location..."  Then use the folder picker dialog to choose the new location for that folder.

-Kirk

Offline erbro

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 12:42:57 AM »
Hello,

Thank you for your quick feedback

As conclusion, for what concerns my photos, I understand it is highly recommended to do all the activities of deletion and move of folders in PMP and not neither in the wondows file explorer nor in Capture one.

A last point : what about individual files  ?

Normally I have follwoing wrokflow

1) Create a session in capture one
2) Ingest in PMP in the folder created in previous step
3) Culling & Metadata in PMP
4) RAW editing in Capture One

Nevertheless, occassionaly, during the step 4) I decide that a picture is at the end not worth and I delete it from inside capture one.

How to get rid of this picture in the PMP catalog ?

Edit : I found that the the catalog statut "bullet" is yellow when the file is not in the location.  Is there a way to filter/search on that field ? That would solve my problem if no better option is available

Best regards
Eric
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 01:04:09 AM by erbro »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 10:42:38 AM »
Eric,

A last point : what about individual files  ?

Normally I have follwoing wrokflow

1) Create a session in capture one
2) Ingest in PMP in the folder created in previous step
3) Culling & Metadata in PMP
4) RAW editing in Capture One

Nevertheless, occassionaly, during the step 4) I decide that a picture is at the end not worth and I delete it from inside capture one.

How to get rid of this picture in the PMP catalog ?

Edit : I found that the the catalog statut "bullet" is yellow when the file is not in the location.  Is there a way to filter/search on that field ? That would solve my problem if no better option is available

You should be able to use the "Select missing" command on the Edit menu to select images that are missing in the current contact sheet.  However, one user reported yesterday that it isn't working for him.  I will be looking into his issue tomorrow when I return to work.

-Kirk