Author Topic: Variable for date returning incorrect information  (Read 1525 times)

Offline OldRadioGuy

• Retired broadcast journalist/educator
    • View Profile
Variable for date returning incorrect information
« on: January 10, 2021, 03:08:24 PM »
My recipe for ingesting images from a camera card includes a variable ([iptcdate]) in Rename for putting the date of the shot in the image name. Today I shot a batch of images with two Olympus cameras and the wrong date was inserted. (See the attached file)

This happened after installing Unofficial Build 5465. However, I reinstalled Build 5438, ran Rename on the files now on my hard drive and got the same date error.

I checked each camera and verified the date was correct there.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

macOS Big Sur version 11.1
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
Processor 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Memory 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphics Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
-------------
Olympus E-M1 Mark III, Olympus PEN-F

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Variable for date returning incorrect information
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 09:08:49 AM »
Bob,

My recipe for ingesting images from a camera card includes a variable ([iptcdate]) in Rename for putting the date of the shot in the image name. Today I shot a batch of images with two Olympus cameras and the wrong date was inserted. (See the attached file)

This happened after installing Unofficial Build 5465. However, I reinstalled Build 5438, ran Rename on the files now on my hard drive and got the same date error.

I checked each camera and verified the date was correct there.

Perhaps you should be using {date} instead of {iptcdate} which can be different than the capture date (they're independent values).

What is the capture date of the photo, and what is the date shown in the Metadata Info dialog for that image?

-Kirk

Offline OldRadioGuy

• Retired broadcast journalist/educator
    • View Profile
Re: Variable for date returning incorrect information
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 10:30:19 AM »
The date shown in the info dialog is 1/10/21, which was the capture date. I was using {iptcdate} for sorting purposes.

As a result of the information you provided in your reply here, I searched and found {datesort}. I'll use that hereafter.

Thanks, Kirk, for your always quick replies.

Bob
-------------
Olympus E-M1 Mark III, Olympus PEN-F