Author Topic: Vista PM 4.5 code replacement umlaute  (Read 4973 times)

Offline PeterFrank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Vista PM 4.5 code replacement umlaute
« on: April 25, 2007, 01:30:18 AM »
Hi, yes I know there are some threats in the forum but i have another proplem with PM4.5 and vista.

when i try to replace codes, i PM allowes me to replace only one not more:

for example /fcb01/ = Torhüter Oliver Kahn (FC Bayern München/Muenchen)
                /fcb99/ = Trainer Ottmar Hitzfeld /FC Bayern München/Muenchen)

When i set both codes i can see
 Oliver Kahn (FC Bayern M?nchen/Muenchen /fcb99/

the second code does not work and even the German Umlaute do not work

No i start sending on ftp server:

the window for sending opens, everthing is o.k. but after the first jpeg was sent, the window closes an i can not see, wether al the jpgs have been sent

i installed a folder "sent" here i can see al the jpgs. but pm only had sent the first jpeg

When using an older PM under XP i never hadt problems lik that.

Does anybody know how i can solve that problem.
Cheers from germany

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Vista PM 4.5 code replacement umlaute
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 06:06:14 AM »
Peter,

Hi, yes I know there are some threads in the forum but i have another proplem with PM4.5 and vista.

There are two issues here.  The one that is causing the umlauts to not work is because you need to save your text file out in UTF-8 format.  We made this change in 4.5 because by doing this, we can support all languages, not just ones that can be represented by 256 characters (German, French, Spanish, etc.)  So re-save your file as UTF-8 and your umlauts should work.

The second issue is that your code replacements have '/' in them which is currently your Code Replacement delimiter.  That is tripping things up.  If you want to use '/' in your replacements, you need to change your Code Replacement delimiter to a different character.  You can change this in the Code Replacement dialog.

the window for sending opens, everthing is o.k. but after the first jpeg was sent, the window closes an i can not see, wether al the jpgs have been sent

i installed a folder "sent" here i can see al the jpgs. but pm only had sent the first jpeg

We found and fixed an issue in our internal 4.5.1 beta related to FTP.  You're welcome to try it out.  Contact me privately and I'll give you a link to the beta.  However, I don't know if it will solve your problem.

-Kirk

Offline PeterFrank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 06:33:29 AM »
hi Kirk,

first thank you for quick reply. I will try your proposals and will let you know. regarding the PM4.5.1 I will contact assap

Offline PeterFrank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 08:47:08 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I do not know what UTF-8 is and wherw I can find it

the second issue is working now thank you very much.

cheers
Peter

Peter,

Hi, yes I know there are some threads in the forum but i have another proplem with PM4.5 and vista.

There are two issues here.  The one that is causing the umlauts to not work is because you need to save your text file out in UTF-8 format.  We made this change in 4.5 because by doing this, we can support all languages, not just ones that can be represented by 256 characters (German, French, Spanish, etc.)  So re-save your file as UTF-8 and your umlauts should work.

The second issue is that your code replacements have '/' in them which is currently your Code Replacement delimiter.  That is tripping things up.  If you want to use '/' in your replacements, you need to change your Code Replacement delimiter to a different character.  You can change this in the Code Replacement dialog.

We found and fixed an issue in our internal 4.5.1 beta related to FTP.  You're welcome to try it out.  Contact me privately and I'll give you a link to the beta.  However, I don't know if it will solve your problem.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 09:49:33 AM »
Peter,

I do not know what UTF-8 is and wherw I can find it

It depends on what application you're using, but here is how you do it in Notepad on Windows.

Open your text file.
Choose Save As... from the File menu.
At the bottom of the save dialog is a combo box that is titled "Encoding:".  Change it to read "UTF-8" and re-save your file.

When you open PM the next time, the file should be read properly.

HTH,

-Kirk