Author Topic: Images copying to wrong folder and IPTC not being applied on copy command  (Read 1782 times)

Offline photo22

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hello,

I am hoping that someone can help. Recently my laptop died and I moved everything to the same version Mac laptop through time machine.

I am running Mac High Sierra 10.13.6, MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

PM wise I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19749 (20d085a)

My PM was running fine before the transfer. Now it's acting wonky.

In my workflow, I tag, then select images to archive. I copy those selected image and apply the IPTC to them during the copy process. On the new machine it will only copy the images into the very same folder every time even though I have "Always pick destination" and "Open destination as a contact sheet" selected. It will not update to the NEW IPTC that I enter before copying, it defaults to the same older IPTC. I have "Apply IPTC Stationary to copied files" selected as well as "Move files (delete originals)"

This is frustrating and causing issues in my workflow.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Images copying to wrong folder and IPTC not being applied on copy command
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 12:46:08 PM »
PM wise I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19749 (20d085a)

In my workflow, I tag, then select images to archive. I copy those selected image and apply the IPTC to them during the copy process. On the new machine it will only copy the images into the very same folder every time even though I have "Always pick destination" and "Open destination as a contact sheet" selected. It will not update to the NEW IPTC that I enter before copying, it defaults to the same older IPTC. I have "Apply IPTC Stationary to copied files" selected as well as "Move files (delete originals)"

Is the folder picker dialog appearing when you start the copy/move?

-Kirk

Offline photo22

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 03:36:11 PM »
Yes, that is typically where I create the new folder to move the images too. I have also tried to just create the new folder in finder and then copy the images. I am able to make the folder but the images do not move/copy to that, they still go to the other folder (the only one that it will copy too)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 03:40:13 PM »
Yes, that is typically where I create the new folder to move the images too. I have also tried to just create the new folder in finder and then copy the images. I am able to make the folder but the images do not move/copy to that, they still go to the other folder (the only one that it will copy too)

OK, well that's very strange.

I suggest you contact our technical support folks for troubleshooting help.  They may suggest a preferences reset and see if that makes a difference for you.

Contact our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline photo22

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 03:42:17 PM »
Got it will do. Thanks for taking a look at the issue and the quick response. I appreciate it.

-Brian