Author Topic: Batch export images with caption field to JPEGS or PDFs  (Read 2408 times)

Offline shop@therothschilds.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Batch export images with caption field to JPEGS or PDFs
« on: February 09, 2021, 09:49:05 AM »
Hi,

Using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19749 (20d085a), OS X 10.14.6

I have a large library of images (JPGs) with metadata in the caption field.  I would like to make a printed book of the images with the captions - so I need to be able to batch export to either individual JPG files with the Caption below the image, or possibly to a PDF file.  It looks like the export templates are mainly for web pages.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Batch export images with caption field to JPEGS or PDFs
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 10:40:35 AM »
Using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19749 (20d085a), OS X 10.14.6

I have a large library of images (JPGs) with metadata in the caption field.  I would like to make a printed book of the images with the captions - so I need to be able to batch export to either individual JPG files with the Caption below the image, or possibly to a PDF file.  It looks like the export templates are mainly for web pages.

You could try printing previews.  On macOS you should be able to cause the output to go to a PDF file.

-Kirk

Offline shop@therothschilds.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 07:15:58 PM »
Thanks!  That was EXACTLY what I was looking for...

Offline PhiK

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 04:06:29 PM »
Hello

I also would like to do the same (generate a pdf with images and captions),but I am on a Windows 10 system, with PMP 6.0 build 6097. How should i do it ? I explored the export and print options and did not find anything; thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 05:16:19 PM »
Hello

I also would like to do the same (generate a pdf with images and captions),but I am on a Windows 10 system, with PMP 6.0 build 6097. How should i do it ? I explored the export and print options and did not find anything; thanks.

Windows 10 offers a "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer device.  If you print to it, you should get a PDF file.  You'll have to select it as your printer.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline PhiK

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2021, 02:08:37 AM »
Thanks a lot for your fast reply. Works very well. Very useful to check the datas entered ! Happy new year