Author Topic: Drag and drop in Favorites not working (Windows)  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Graham1

• View Profile
Drag and drop in Favorites not working (Windows)
« on: February 10, 2021, 10:03:35 AM »
The release notes for Build 5529 list:

• Fixed: Favorites can now copy and move folders.

This has always, up to this Build, worked fine (Windows 10): it is a feature I use all the time.  But it does not work following Build 5529.  Dragging and dropping between folders looks as if it should work (e.g. for copy, the + sign shows), but when the mouse is released, nothing happens.  It works fine in Navigator, it is just in Favorites that it does not work.

Graham

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Drag and drop in Favorites not working (Windows)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 10:44:11 AM »
Graham,

The release notes for Build 5529 list:

• Fixed: Favorites can now copy and move folders.

This has always, up to this Build, worked fine (Windows 10): it is a feature I use all the time.  But it does not work following Build 5529.  Dragging and dropping between folders looks as if it should work (e.g. for copy, the + sign shows), but when the mouse is released, nothing happens.  It works fine in Navigator, it is just in Favorites that it does not work.

Is the source of the dragged folder also the Favorites or are you starting the drag somewhere else like the Navigator or Windows Explorer?

-Kirk

Offline Graham1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 04:05:50 PM »
Yes, Favorites to Favorites folders.  I save processed images to one Favorites folder, then once they have all been uploaded to my stock website, I move them to an archive folder which is also in my Favorites. I have been doing this successfully for a long time now.

Graham

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 04:41:42 PM »
Graham,

This should be fixed in build 5560 of Photo Mechanic 6.  You can read more about it and download it here: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=13979.0

-Kirk

Offline Graham1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 02:58:38 AM »
Thanks, Kirk.  All seems to be working fine again in the new build.

Graham