Author Topic: Title in Lightroom  (Read 5581 times)

Offline Sturman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Title in Lightroom
« on: February 26, 2018, 03:18:31 AM »
Hi, I am trialling PM5 on an iMac and transferring selected files to Lightroom 5 for post processing.

In the IPTC stationary I can put details in Description/Caption field and it carries over to the Caption field in LR. When I put information into the Headline field it does not go over into LR.

Is there an additional filed I need to add to the IPTC input fields that will carry the information over into the Title field in LR?

Thanks for any assistance.

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: Title in Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 08:44:59 AM »
Hello.  There is a field called Title/Object Name in the IPTC dialogs that should do what you’re looking for. It is a little further down in the default configuration but you can customize that dialog a bit to your liking.

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Sturman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 12:20:25 PM »
Hi Mick,
That works! Just have to look up how to move it higher up closer to the description field.
Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 01:05:40 PM »
Hi Mick,
That works! Just have to look up how to move it higher up closer to the description field.
Thanks

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Accessibility_Preferences

Customize IPTC Info & Customize IPTC Stationery These dialogs allow you to control what fields appear in the IPTC Info and Stationery Pads, how those fields are shown in Photo Mechanic, and even how big the text fields is for data entry.

The Field column is the default IPTC name for the field and should generally be left alone. See here for a description of those fields: IPTC Variables Map

The Field Label column is the displayed description of the field in the IPTC dialog box. To change the way the field appears, double-click on the Field Label and change it to what you want. (E.g. Change "Description/Caption" to just "Caption" and then press Return or Tab to apply the changes.)

You can change the number of Rows of text input space.

Control which fields show up in your IPTC dialogs in the Visible column.

Offline PeterM

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 07:15:36 PM »
Updated link to Accessibility Preferences manual page

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.

Offline Graham1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 12:57:23 AM »
The Title/Object Name field is a fixed single line field.  The Headline field, by contrast, can have the number of lines customised in the Accessibility menu (I have mine set to 6).  Should the customisation/behaviour not be the same for both?

Graham