Author Topic: how do I change just the headline in a batch of captions  (Read 1226 times)

Offline babakubwa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
how do I change just the headline in a batch of captions
« on: February 18, 2021, 02:12:19 PM »
I'm a news reporter and photographer and I need to often change the headlines on a batch of photos. for example, if I've interviewed someone, I'll have a batch of photos of the subject. I may then need that batch for a different story, the caption will stay exactly the same apart from the headline. how do I change it without having to go into each individual photo and changing the headline? any help is appreciated

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: how do I change just the headline in a batch of captions
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 02:32:56 PM »
I'm a news reporter and photographer and I need to often change the headlines on a batch of photos. for example, if I've interviewed someone, I'll have a batch of photos of the subject. I may then need that batch for a different story, the caption will stay exactly the same apart from the headline. how do I change it without having to go into each individual photo and changing the headline? any help is appreciated

Batch application/modification of metadata is done with the Metadata (IPTC) Template.

1) Select the images you wish to change.
2) Open the Metadata (IPTC) Template by choosing the Metadata (IPTC) Template... command on the Image menu.
3) Find the Headline field and change it to what you want the headline to be for the selected photos.  Make sure the 'apply' checkbox to the left of the field is checked.  Uncheck any other fields that are checked that you do not wish to apply.
4) Click on the "Apply Template to Selected" button at the bottom of the window.

That should do it.

Documentation:
https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48000207623-using-the-metadata-iptc-template

-Kirk