Author Topic: PM snapshot settings  (Read 8620 times)

Offline Andrew MacKay

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Keaphotos.com
PM snapshot settings
« on: May 14, 2006, 12:44:39 AM »
Kirk, I've just rebuilt my laptop and descovered that I didn't make a note of where the snapshots are saved. What are the default locations for these on a windows install ? and what are the file extensions, so I can drag them back of backup.

It would be great if these settings were able to be picked up with the new File and settings transfer wizzard.

Thanks

Andrew

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM snapshot settings
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 07:05:15 AM »
Kirk, I've just rebuilt my laptop and descovered that I didn't make a note of where the snapshots are saved. What are the default locations for these on a windows install ? and what are the file extensions, so I can drag them back of backup.

It would be great if these settings were able to be picked up with the new File and settings transfer wizzard.

They are in the Application Data section of the Documents and Settings section of your user account.  For me this is in the following path:

C:\Documents and Settings\Kirk Baker\Application Data\Camera Bits, Inc.\Photo Mechanic\

Each dialog puts its settings files in its own folder.  For instance the Copy dialog puts its settings in a folder called "CopyOptionsSettings".  The files have the names you called the snapshots when you created them.  Their file extension is ".snap".

If I can figure out how to get these files added to the File and Settings Transfer Wizard, I will.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Andrew MacKay

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Keaphotos.com
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 04:13:07 PM »
Thanks Kirk, slightly differant path under vista :) but found them anyrate.. The FTP connection settings must be stored some where else ... :(

Cheers

Andrew

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 04:24:14 PM »
Thanks Kirk, slightly differant path under vista :) but found them anyrate.. The FTP connection settings must be stored some where else ... :(

Yes, they're in the Registry.

-Kirk

Offline Andrew MacKay

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Keaphotos.com
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 04:29:15 PM »
Thanks Kirk... now to write a script that halls that info off into a file.