Author Topic: While ingesting my Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 5560 is slow  (Read 2420 times)

Offline DominicJames

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi Guy's,

Had this issue for a while now and not sure what to do. While I'm ingesting an SD card to an SSD drive, I would normally start making my selections via the Preview window, but it is so slow, skipping keystrokes (not registering a click), skipping images. As soon as the ingest is over everything is back to full speed. Not sure what is going on. Is this a normal now? I'm sure I used to ingest two cards at the same time and no lag at all.

I've only been using PM6 Plus since launch and not changed any preferences. Previously I was using PM6. Do I need to change anything?

HELP!

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: While ingesting my Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 5560 is slow
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 08:13:01 AM »
Dominic,

Had this issue for a while now and not sure what to do. While I'm ingesting an SD card to an SSD drive, I would normally start making my selections via the Preview window, but it is so slow, skipping keystrokes (not registering a click), skipping images. As soon as the ingest is over everything is back to full speed. Not sure what is going on. Is this a normal now? I'm sure I used to ingest two cards at the same time and no lag at all.

I've only been using PM6 Plus since launch and not changed any preferences. Previously I was using PM6. Do I need to change anything?

Could you post a screenshot of your Ingest settings, please?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline DominicJames

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 03:02:56 AM »
SCREEN SHOTS ATTACHED.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 09:11:23 AM »
Dominic,

Thanks for the screenshots.

You could try turning off the "Always make current Preview visible in Contact Sheet" setting the Preview preferences and see if that makes a difference for you.  Your Ingest settings look fine to me.

-Kirk