Author Topic: Web Export failure in PMP 6.0 5560 (6e1b8a6)  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Dewcal

• View Profile
Web Export failure in PMP 6.0 5560 (6e1b8a6)
« on: February 25, 2021, 01:09:01 AM »
Using PMP 6 v5560 on Windows 10 with twin monitors I am no longer able to export a selection of images to the web using PM Classic Plus.  This has worked for me on previous versions.

I can set the form up in PMP without issue - little change from previously successful exports - and once I press "export" I get a message box (message1.jpg) that is 90% off the edge of the left-most screen.  I normally run PMP on the right-hand screen (it is bigger and colour calibrated) using the left primarily for non-colour sensitive work - such as file manager etc.

On occasions, I can drag this obscured message out to reveal the errors listed in the attached message2.jpg.  I then have to press escape to get rid of it and be able to use PMP again.

I have "repaired" PMP to no change.  I have tried to install an earlier version but the installer will not allow it.

I am wondering if there is something I have done to cause this issue? I am not aware of making any fundamental changes to the "PM Classic Plus" information so am at a loss.

I am trying to include a header image - this is a small jpeg as, experience with other export options has shown that png files do not appear to be supported.

I would prefer not to have to uninstall the current version and revert to an earlier version that has other issues so any help you can give me would be very much appreciated.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Web Export failure in PMP 6.0 5560 (6e1b8a6)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 09:03:26 AM »
Using PMP 6 v5560 on Windows 10 with twin monitors I am no longer able to export a selection of images to the web using PM Classic Plus.  This has worked for me on previous versions.

I can set the form up in PMP without issue - little change from previously successful exports - and once I press "export" I get a message box (message1.jpg) that is 90% off the edge of the left-most screen.  I normally run PMP on the right-hand screen (it is bigger and colour calibrated) using the left primarily for non-colour sensitive work - such as file manager etc.

On occasions, I can drag this obscured message out to reveal the errors listed in the attached message2.jpg.  I then have to press escape to get rid of it and be able to use PMP again.

I have "repaired" PMP to no change.  I have tried to install an earlier version but the installer will not allow it.

I am wondering if there is something I have done to cause this issue? I am not aware of making any fundamental changes to the "PM Classic Plus" information so am at a loss.

I am trying to include a header image - this is a small jpeg as, experience with other export options has shown that png files do not appear to be supported.

I would prefer not to have to uninstall the current version and revert to an earlier version that has other issues so any help you can give me would be very much appreciated.

It's a bug that was introduced in build 5551.  It will be fixed in the next build.  If you want a build that does not have this issue, you can get build 5438 from the Announcements board: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?board=15.0

-Kirk

Offline Dewcal

• View Profile
Re: Web Export failure in PMP 6.0 5560 (6e1b8a6)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 09:17:34 AM »
Hi Kirk,

Many thanks for prompt confirmation it is nothing something I have done and also for the link to v5438.  I will use that whilst awaiting the next release.  If you need a candidate release tested then would be happy to help.

Dave