Author Topic: Caption Fields Filled in & Can't Delete  (Read 1380 times)

Offline prlphoto8@gmail.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Caption Fields Filled in & Can't Delete
« on: February 26, 2021, 11:40:27 AM »
Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro, running Mojave 10.14.6 and using Photo Mechanic 6.0 2725 (id89a41). Sometimes before I ingest a disk, I set up the Ingest box and uncheck the "Apply Metadata Template to Photos" box to get a blank caption field. After I ingest a disk, & I look at the caption field, all the spaces are blank except the Creator/Photographer field is filled in with the name Patrick Myers and the Copyright field is filled in with 2018 Mojo Studios. I have looked thru the preferences to reset something but can't figure out how to fix this problem. I have attached a screen shot. Please advise.
Thank You,
Phil Long

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Caption Fields Filled in & Can't Delete
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 12:34:51 PM »
Phil,

I have a MacBook Pro, running Mojave 10.14.6 and using Photo Mechanic 6.0 2725 (id89a41). Sometimes before I ingest a disk, I set up the Ingest box and uncheck the "Apply Metadata Template to Photos" box to get a blank caption field. After I ingest a disk, & I look at the caption field, all the spaces are blank except the Creator/Photographer field is filled in with the name Patrick Myers and the Copyright field is filled in with 2018 Mojo Studios. I have looked thru the preferences to reset something but can't figure out how to fix this problem. I have attached a screen shot. Please advise.

Without the original image from the camera to investigate, this is just speculation, but I suspect that the photographer entered that data into their camera and the camera wrote that data into the EXIF data and PM is picking it up.

-Kirk

Offline prlphoto8@gmail.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Caption Fields Filled in & Can't Delete
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 02:53:30 PM »
Fixed it. Thanks.