Author Topic: IPTC Info display  (Read 5008 times)

Offline Cameron

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC Info display
« on: April 24, 2007, 05:57:50 PM »
Hi Guys!

In the previous version of PM (4.4.3) all of the iptc info fitted on the info screen.  I just upgraded and now in 4.5 there is so much caption info that I can't see if all my info is correct without scrolling down on each image.  Is there a way of re-organising the order of the iptc info display or reducing the fields displayed?

Thanks!

Cam
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 06:03:25 PM by Cameron »
Cameron Laird
cameron@cameronlaird.com
www.cameronlaird.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Info display
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 06:30:47 PM »
Cam,

In the previous version of PM (4.4.3) all of the iptc info fitted on the info screen.  I just upgraded and now in 4.5 there is so much caption info that I can't see if all my info is correct without scrolling down on each image.  Is there a way of re-organising the order of the iptc info display or reducing the fields displayed?

Yes.  Edit->Set Info Text...

Remove anything you don't want.  You can make snapshots so you can switch between more info and less info.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline jdbphoto83

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 05:33:39 PM »
I am having this same problem and the "Set Info Text" didn't help.  All it had was things related to the exposure and other details of the actual image.    Possibly I have a different problem than Cameron had.  With the IPTC info, you now have to scroll down to get to subject fields such as "Photographer", "Title", and "Credit".  Is there any way to take out new fields such as "IPTC Scene", "Intellectual Genre", "Contact Address", and "Contact Phone(s)".  Having to scroll down to fill out fields that were right there last time takes a few more seconds, but on deadline those seconds count.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.
Jason

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 06:11:53 PM »
Jason,

I am having this same problem and the "Set Info Text" didn't help.  All it had was things related to the exposure and other details of the actual image.    Possibly I have a different problem than Cameron had.  With the IPTC info, you now have to scroll down to get to subject fields such as "Photographer", "Title", and "Credit".  Is there any way to take out new fields such as "IPTC Scene", "Intellectual Genre", "Contact Address", and "Contact Phone(s)".  Having to scroll down to fill out fields that were right there last time takes a few more seconds, but on deadline those seconds count.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.

I see now that I misunderstood Cameron's question.  There is currently no way to customize the IPTC Info and IPTC Stationery Pad dialogs.  After the 4.5.1 update comes out, then we will address the customization of those dialogs for the 4.5.2 release.

-Kirk

Offline Cameron

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 02:53:17 PM »
Hi Guys,

Yep, Jason and I were on the same page and so too are you Kirk.  I was thinking along the lines of having the option to either remove fields or rearrange fields.  Another option that would be super is to allow resizing of that window or resizing of fonts in the window.  Not sure which of these could work.

Cam
Cameron Laird
cameron@cameronlaird.com
www.cameronlaird.com