Author Topic: ingest variable for numeric part of file name  (Read 4150 times)

Offline robok

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
ingest variable for numeric part of file name
« on: April 24, 2007, 06:16:39 PM »
I have been testing PM and wanted to replicate my existing file directory and structure.

My NEFs have the name DSC_5554.NEF coming off the card and I would like to pick up just the numeric part.  I thought "act" for actuations would do this but it did not.  Is there a PM variable that gets just the numeric part of a file name?  In Downloader Pro it is %r and then I add a leading 0.

On a feature request side, DLpro has a panel that lets you preview every variable and the current values of one selected image.  You may or may not be able to replicate this, but it is very handy.

Thanks,
rob.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: ingest variable for numeric part of file name
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 06:32:47 PM »
Rob,

I have been testing PM and wanted to replicate my existing file directory and structure.

My NEFs have the name DSC_5554.NEF coming off the card and I would like to pick up just the numeric part.  I thought "act" for actuations would do this but it did not.  Is there a PM variable that gets just the numeric part of a file name?  In Downloader Pro it is %r and then I add a leading 0.

On a feature request side, DLpro has a panel that lets you preview every variable and the current values of one selected image.  You may or may not be able to replicate this, but it is very handy.

{frame} or {frame4} if you just want the last 4 digits.

That preview feature sounds nice.

-Kirk