Author Topic: Thumbnails - not all are rendering  (Read 1822 times)

Offline btmurphy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thumbnails - not all are rendering
« on: March 03, 2021, 09:37:54 AM »
I have a folder of around 500 images and not all the thumbnails are rendering.  I have a MacBook Pro, Newest version of PM and on Catalina OS.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Thumbnails - not all are rendering
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 10:21:33 AM »
I have a folder of around 500 images and not all the thumbnails are rendering.  I have a MacBook Pro, Newest version of PM and on Catalina OS.

For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline girkers

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 11:08:00 PM »
I found that this was an issue with injesting files, when you do a compare of files, RAW, between an injested file and non-injested you would find a big difference, an exert is attached.

Updating the latest version fixed it for me, but my issue was that ALL images were not showing a thumbnail and I couldn't import them into LR.

What is most disconcerting for me is that there is NO reference to this in the Release notes with the latest version that fixes this issue.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 08:06:18 AM »
I found that this was an issue with injesting files, when you do a compare of files, RAW, between an injested file and non-injested you would find a big difference, an exert is attached.

Updating the latest version fixed it for me, but my issue was that ALL images were not showing a thumbnail and I couldn't import them into LR.

What is most disconcerting for me is that there is NO reference to this in the Release notes with the latest version that fixes this issue.

I'm sorry for the confusion.  If you scroll further down in the release notes to the build that caused the problem you'll see this:

Version 6.0 Build 5716 (03/25/2021) [RELEASE PULLED]
Both: This release caused damage to TIFF-based RAW files and was pulled from the update
system. If you have images that were damaged by build 5716, they can, in most cases, be
repaired by downgrading to build 5560, or preferably by using build 5774 above. Using the
“Revert TIFF-based RAW to original” command on the Tools menu will restore the TIFF-based
RAW to its original state from the camera and put XMP into a sidecar file. Alternatively, simply
making some metadata change to the file (e.g. tag/untag, rate, color class, crop, IPTC) should
repair the file and keep the XMP embedded. If you have files that were damaged by build 5716
and cannot be repaired by the 5774 build above, please contact our support team for
assistance.

While you didn't mention build numbers, I expect that you downloaded and used build 5716 to ingest your photos which damaged them.  Build 5774 is the current build at this time and should be able to repair any damaged images by following the instructions above.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and many others.

-Kirk