Author Topic: Viewing at 1:1 vs 100%  (Read 2157 times)

Offline dpnc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Viewing at 1:1 vs 100%
« on: March 08, 2021, 06:33:37 AM »
Am I mistaken? When I view the image at 100% I appear to be viewing the embedded preview at 100%. To check for critical focus I prefer to view pixels from the full resolution file at 1:1 on the screen. Is this possible? If so, I'm missing something. Is there a keystroke or menu choice that does this?

Offline Odd Skjaeveland

• View Profile
Re: Viewing at 1:1 vs 100%
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 08:12:41 AM »
...appear to be viewing the embedded preview at 100%

What did you expect?
--
Odd S.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 09:04:41 AM »
Am I mistaken? When I view the image at 100% I appear to be viewing the embedded preview at 100%. To check for critical focus I prefer to view pixels from the full resolution file at 1:1 on the screen. Is this possible? If so, I'm missing something. Is there a keystroke or menu choice that does this?

1:1 is 100%.  But perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question.

-Kirk

Offline dpnc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 04:18:06 PM »
The embedded preview is at a lower resolution than the ARW file. I want to view the RAW file at 100% to check for critical focus. When viewing the preview, there is not sufficient resolution. Apologies if I am not being clear.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 04:32:34 PM »
The embedded preview is at a lower resolution than the ARW file. I want to view the RAW file at 100% to check for critical focus. When viewing the preview, there is not sufficient resolution. Apologies if I am not being clear.

Photo Mechanic only has access to the embedded preview which isn't full resolution.

Two possible solutions:
1) Turn on RAW Rendering and provide the path to your installed Adobe DNG Converter.  You will see 100% full resolution previews, but performance will be poor.
2) Convert your ARW files to DNG files and work with the DNG files.  You will see 100% full resolution previews and performance will be excellent.

-Kirk

Offline dpnc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2021, 10:30:50 AM »

Two possible solutions:
1) Turn on RAW Rendering and provide the path to your installed Adobe DNG Converter.  You will see 100% full resolution previews, but performance will be poor.
2) Convert your ARW files to DNG files and work with the DNG files.  You will see 100% full resolution previews and performance will be excellent.

-Kirk

Perfect! That's the solution I was seeking.