Author Topic: Wrong date assignments  (Read 2046 times)

Offline NLFord

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Wrong date assignments
« on: March 08, 2021, 12:36:07 PM »
So, i'm a bit mystified:

After downloading my raw images, i select all and apply a batch caption to them.  I alway have the date in the stationary set on "Capture Time."  Then I open my image in Camera Raw to process and save a tif to another folder. Somewhere along the line, the creation date is changing to 5/26/20 and I can't figure out where. It's screwing with the order of things and driving me crazy. It's either happening in Photo Mechanic, Camera Raw or the OSX system. 

I have screen shots below to show you.  The top is how the date appears in the Raw file in Photo Mechanic and the OSX system info pallet. Everything reads the correct date of 11/20/20.  The second image show how the incorrect date is listed in Photo Mechanic, Photoshop File>Info and the OSX system info pallet.  The odd thing is that will the date is incorrect here, the time of day is correct.

I do have to tell you that I in January i bought a new Mac Pro desktop for work and an iMac for my home office. Both are up to date on softwares and both are carrying most recent versions of everything, yet it's only the Mac Pro at work that is doing this.

Can anyone figure out what is happening and how to fix?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Wrong date assignments
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 01:43:37 PM »
Nancy,

After downloading my raw images, i select all and apply a batch caption to them.  I alway have the date in the stationary set on "Capture Time."  Then I open my image in Camera Raw to process and save a tif to another folder. Somewhere along the line, the creation date is changing to 5/26/20 and I can't figure out where. It's screwing with the order of things and driving me crazy. It's either happening in Photo Mechanic, Camera Raw or the OSX system.

At each step of your process, check the date.  When you notice that it has changed to the incorrect date, then the last operation you did is going to be the culprit.

-Kirk

Offline NLFord

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 01:47:14 PM »
I should have mentioned I have done that.  It is not happening with every batch, and it is not happening with every photo in a batch.  So it's hard to figure out where along the way it's happening.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 03:19:58 PM »
Nancy,

I should have mentioned I have done that.  It is not happening with every batch, and it is not happening with every photo in a batch.  So it's hard to figure out where along the way it's happening.

Then that would make it harder for me to help you.

Does anything vary in this workflow?  Image file types (source, intermediaries, final result), tools used/not used?

-Kirk

Offline NLFord

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 09:02:10 AM »
It's hard to tell. It happens so randomly.  Every so often I notice the photos out of order in Photo Mechanic. I guess it's too hard and too random for you to help, but maybe there's someone out there that has had the same problem and figured it out?  I'll have to post on Adobe and Mac forum too. Thank you though.