Author Topic: Changed the location of image files  (Read 2594 times)

Offline NOI

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Changed the location of image files
« on: March 11, 2021, 09:08:32 AM »
What should I do if I save my image files in a new location and the catalogs can no longer find these images in the new location? Thanks for Information !

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.

Offline NOI

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Changed the location of image files
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 11:03:05 AM »
Thank you !

Offline NOI

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 02:56:02 AM »
I'm sorry to tell you, unfortunately, your description doesn't work. I renamed the source for the photos from "A-MAC_2TB_HFS" to "A-MAC_T7_2TB_HFS" and applied their description. After that, no more searched images are found, the program searches endlessly
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 05:04:28 AM by NOI »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 08:08:10 AM »
I'm sorry to tell you, unfortunately, your description doesn't work. I renamed the source for the photos from "A-MAC_2TB_HFS" to "A-MAC_T7_2TB_HFS" and applied their description. After that, no more searched images are found, the program searches endlessly

So you didn't move photos from one location on a drive to another location on the same drive.  You moved photos from a cataloged drive to an entirely new and unknown drive?

-Kirk

Offline NOI

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 05:39:08 PM »
No, I have given an existing drive with catalogs a new name for a specific reason and would now like to explain this to the existing catalogs. I would also like to move my image files to a larger drive in future.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2021, 05:50:48 PM »
No, I have given an existing drive with catalogs a new name for a specific reason and would now like to explain this to the existing catalogs. I would also like to move my image files to a larger drive in future.

Please try this build: https://www.camerabits.com/download/PhotoMechanicPlusR5671_3d0c5698.dmg

Instead of choosing a new location, since the drive name has changed, do a "Reintegrate Forgotten Catalog" operation on your catalog.  You can do this in the Catalog Management window.  Click on the name of your catalog in the "Local Catalogs" list.  Then click on the "Maintenance" label and then click on the "Reintegrate Forgotten Catalog" button.  It can take some time to process.

-Kirk